Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Four CHC-AKL cancelled today 31 July 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four CHC-AKL cancelled today 31 July 2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Sounds awful GED. The covid disruptions are wreaking havoc on staffing levels at air nz as with many other nz businesses. However it’s the call centre wait times that they really have to get on top of. I’ve got SQ flights booked out of Auckland for later in the year and have had to ring the SQ help centre a couple of times, which is answered almost immediately by well trained staff based in the Phillipines. I have only silver status with SQ but have been very impressed with the contact centre service levels there. I tried Facebook messaging air nz a few weeks ago re a booking change. Took them a week to get back to me!!

ps don’t like your chances of getting any refunds on that works deluxe fare… the interest rate being paid by air nz to the government on that bail out loan would be absolutely strangling them at the moment.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:22 pm

Seems pretty clear cut case for a refund of the Works Deluxe portion of the fare.

I understand them not wanting to overstaff their call centre but the reality is many basic tasks just simply cannot be completed online, whether that be due to some notes on the booking or a small airline initiated change.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Ellice
Sounds awful GED. The covid disruptions are wreaking havoc on staffing levels at air nz as with many other nz businesses. However it’s the call centre wait times that they really have to get on top of. I’ve got SQ flights booked out of Auckland for later in the year and have had to ring the SQ help centre a couple of times, which is answered almost immediately by well trained staff based in the Phillipines. I have only silver status with SQ but have been very impressed with the contact centre service levels there. I tried Facebook messaging air nz a few weeks ago re a booking change. Took them a week to get back to me!!
Air NZ call centre wait times have got way better in recent weeks. Up until the weekend when weather caused carnage again the wait times to blow out again they had been down to 15-30 mins most times of the day (these are all published online). I had to call a couple of times and has my call answered in under 10 mins.

Basing call centres in the Phillipines where people are paid ~NZ$2 per hour would not be a very popular move. Just look at the backlash at other companies who have done this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
I guess airlines have to do what they have to do to keep themselves afloat and provide reasonable service levels. If it means basing their call centre in the Philippines then so be it. It is at least giving someone in the Philippines a job who may not have one otherwise. From what I can see NZ can't even find, hire and train enough staff at the moment anyway from the worker base in NZ. I don't really find waiting half an hour on the phone acceptable really.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Ellice
I guess airlines have to do what they have to do to keep themselves afloat and provide reasonable service levels. If it means basing their call centre in the Philippines then so be it. It is at least giving someone in the Philippines a job who may not have one otherwise. From what I can see NZ can't even find, hire and train enough staff at the moment anyway from the worker base in NZ. I don't really find waiting half an hour on the phone acceptable really.
The salary for these roles is circa $50k. Other call centres were paying this 5+ years ago and even then it was low. I can see why NZ is struggling to find staff - people don't want to work for near minimum wage.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Air NZ call centre wait times have got way better in recent weeks. Up until the weekend when weather caused carnage again the wait times to blow out again they had been down to 15-30 mins most times of the day (these are all published online). I had to call a couple of times and has my call answered in under 10 mins.

Basing call centres in the Phillipines where people are paid ~NZ$2 per hour would not be a very popular move. Just look at the backlash at other companies who have done this.
Yes, I had to call late last week. Online it said 3+ hours for international. Got through in about 8 minutes.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Yes, I had to call late last week. Online it said 3+ hours for international. Got through in about 8 minutes.
The times listed are for non status holders, if your profile is correct and you hold NZ Elite status then you will end up in a different queue.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
About 10 mins for me this evening. NZ*G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.