Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

New Business Premier seats, Business Premier Luxe suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Business Premier seats, Business Premier Luxe suites

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:58 am

What's the rationale of angling the window business class seats towards the aisle, instead of towards the windows (away from the aisle)? Wouldn't facing the windows increase privacy?
poopbunny likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
What's the rationale of angling the window business class seats towards the aisle, instead of towards the windows (away from the aisle)? Wouldn't facing the windows increase privacy?
I agree and many comments on this. Also as the two middle seats angle towards the aisle it means that a couple in those seats are looking away from each other. Bad choice IMHO, but some are defending it.
poopbunny likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Here I am in a mockup of the Skynest economy bunk, which passengers will be able to book for four-hour periods.

How does one climb to the top bunk? By stepping on the middle bunk… even with someone sleeping on it?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
How does one climb to the top bunk? By stepping on the middle bunk… even with someone sleeping on it?
They look to be steps in the middle between the bunks, if going right to the top looks like you'd need to be throwing a leg up to climb on
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'd be interested to see how they handle interline bookings, and which type of seat you will be slotted into. Would a full-J class fare on SQ slot into the Luxe seat, for example?
I can see this and general revenue management being an infinitely more complex process as a result of all of these varying classes and product combo's.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
sbiddle and I are currently in the 789 J AKL-SYD.
I had forgotten how badly angled the seats are. We are barely managing by imbibing significant quantities of Laurent Perrier…

jawnbc likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jun 30, 2022 at 5:07 am
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I'd be interested to see how they handle interline bookings, and which type of seat you will be slotted into. Would a full-J class fare on SQ slot into the Luxe seat, for example?
I can see this and general revenue management being an infinitely more complex process as a result of all of these varying classes and product combo's.
I think it will either work two ways,

- Seat Select model, eg you have to pay additional when selecting these rows (probably the most simple option).
- On the fare base, like seats to suit and can only be ticketed on NZ stock.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:21 pm

Hmm no seatbelts...surely for the Skynest coffins, I mean pods, you'll have to be buckled in while you sleep? Also imagine trying to climb up and down to/from the top row during turbulence. Must you stay lying down while seatbelt sign is on? Assume no food\drink in there either. My wife immediately said "You would irritate the entire pod with your snoring" Imagine six drunk rugby fans on the way home from LAX all snoring in drunken harmony. Bliss!

Ah I'm being mean, its a brave attempt to try something new and I imagine will make some other carriers think of this configuration too. Anyone still flying the A380 should seriously make a few of these, they certainly have the space while they're still around.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: NZ *E
I suppose on New York flights the overall cost of the Skynest must be near 0 given they're payload restricted so not carrying a full load anyway.
trooper likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:42 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
sbiddle and I are currently in the 789 J AKL-SYD.
I had forgotten how badly angled the seats are. We are barely managing by imbibing quantities of Laurent Perrier…

That's a very sound strategy! I still wonder how they managed to get the 789 seat so wrong. People love to pour scorn on the NZ herringbone seats these days but I really don't mind the 777 version, even now (I actually liked the original 747 version most, inferior IFE aside). But they really messed it up with the Dreamliner, especially considering how many other, clearly superior options were around by the time NZ was speccing those.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mad_atta
That's a very sound strategy! I still wonder how they managed to get the 789 seat so wrong. People love to pour scorn on the NZ herringbone seats these days but I really don't mind the 777 version, even now (I actually liked the original 747 version most, inferior IFE aside). But they really messed it up with the Dreamliner, especially considering how many other, clearly superior options were around by the time NZ was speccing those.
We managed to completely deplete the supply of Laurent Perrier 😎

​​​​​​​
mad_atta, libertyuk and djsflynn like this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jun 30, 2022 at 3:13 am
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Good work.

This looks like a goal for my flight down from SIN tomorrow.
Safe travels.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sbiddle and I had a great crew. He seems to know everybody. That can be a good thing or ……
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
We managed to completely deplete the supply of Laurent Perrier 😎
Better than the"Dulcet tones..."
mad_atta and libertyuk like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by racekp
... throwing a leg up to climb on
Sounds like the mile high club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.