Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

New Business Premier seats, Business Premier Luxe suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Business Premier seats, Business Premier Luxe suites

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:39 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Though which is more likely the -10 HGW or the 777-8? The HGW is a smaller change and smaller test program. The 777-8 is 3rd after the 777-9 and 777-8F which are all larger test programs.
Well up until late last year I don't think anybody expected the 777-8 to ever be built but there are now quite a few confirmed orders incl from Emirates. I don't see Air NZ replacing the 77W fleet until maybe 2029ish so it *could* exist by then (and that's another 4-5 years of the same BP cabin..)

Going A350 would be a admission their focus of fewer aircraft types which is a strategy they've been so staunchly focused on the for the last ~10 years was a stupid idea.. But then again there have been plenty of stupid ideas they have been sold on.

Who knows what we could have had by now if the -10 HGW had been delivered in 2022 and Covid hadn't happened? I did find it strange that Air NZ talked so much about the new BP seat only being designed during Covid which makes me wonder about all the work for the new BP cabin originally designed for the -10 in and what seat that was actually going to have when this was initially due for delivery in 2022.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Refurb'd 787s get one cabin of business class with 22 Business Premier seats, of which the first row (four seats) are Luxe variants.

New 787s get two cabins of business class with 42 Business Premier seats, divided into cabins of 26 and 16; the first row in each cabin (so eight seats in total) are Luxe variants.

LOPA for this one in the pic below...

Only the new delivery 'ULH' variants.
Are you saying that the existing V1 and V2 configs are not actually being merged into a single LOPA? I thought that was the plan they announced last year when they announced the refurbishment?

Obviously there is a lot of work required to do that but I thought that was the plan..
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Are you saying that the existing V1 and V2 configs are not actually being merged into a single LOPA?
No, I'm saying all current 787s will be refurb'd into a 22J config, while the new 787s will arrive in a 42J config.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: NZ *E
It's a strange decision to ultimately reduce BP capacity (27 -> 22 seats) in the existing v2 fleet given the trend towards increased premium leisure travel.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:57 am

No, I'm saying all current 787s will be refurb'd into a 22J config, while the new 787s will arrive in a 42J config.
But that surely can't be the case? The current V2 config has 27 BP seats so I can't see why they'd refurb these and have fewer seats than they do presently when they're moving to 1-2-1 from 1-1-1. The goal is to get more premium seats, not fewer.

Or have Air NZ now decided to stick with two different LOPAs for the existing 789 fleet which will be a much easier and quicker refurb for the v1 fleet?
​​​​​​

Last edited by sbiddle; Mar 25, 2024 at 9:13 am
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

But that surely can't be the case? The current V2 config has 27 BP seats so I can't see why they'd refurb these and have fewer seats than they do presently when they're moving to 1-2-1 from 1-1-1. The goal is to get more premium seats, not fewer. Or have Air NZ now decided to stick with two different LOPAs for the existing 789 fleet which will be a much easier and quicker refurb for the v1 fleet?
​​​​​​
My understanding is that AirNZ wants to standardise the new business class across all 787s, but I'll loop back with them on this and double-check...
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:21 pm

My understanding is that AirNZ wants to standardise the new business class across all 787s, but I'll loop back with them on this and double-check...
That's exactly my understanding and what I thought they announced last year...a new common LOPA for the existing v1 and v2 cabins and then one for the new 789s with the ULR config.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:57 pm

From the FAQ around the initial announcment:
"The eight Boeing 787-9s arriving from 2024 and retrofitted current 787-9 fleet will have either eight or four Business Premier Luxe seats and 34 or 22 Business Premier™ seats."

The LOPA shows 42 (34 + 8), so that would imply the other config is 26 (22+4), rather than just 22?
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
And I note the diagram above has 26 BP/BPL seats in the forward J cabin, which gives scope to move the PE section forward (and possibly reduce down from 52 to something like 35, and (finally) have more Y seats.

A quickly knocked-up 789v4 for speculative purposes only…

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Apr 1, 2024 at 6:13 pm
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:31 pm

But there is no Skynest on the refurbed aircraft only on the new 789s (and possibly 78K if they ever arrive).
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But there is no Skynest on the refurbed aircraft only on the new 789s (and possibly 78K if they ever arrive).
Quick sketch improved accordingly…

Old Apr 6, 2024, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Kiwi flyers, my bad if I missed the details, but is the new Business Luxe essentially just a slightly more spacious seat with door and soft product-wise identical to the regular Business Premier cabin?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exactly the same seat just with a door afaik. With slick marketing to separate pax and their $$$, and possibly some soft product enhancements. We don’t know exactly…
fly747first likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:22 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Per Thai Kiwi - but the foot well / forward space doesnt taper, so slightly more roomier and easier to sleep - like the bulkhead seats on SQ J, but they dont sell as a seperate product - just for HVC's.
fly747first likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly747first
Kiwi flyers, my bad if I missed the details, but is the new Business Luxe essentially just a slightly more spacious seat with door and soft product-wise identical to the regular Business Premier cabin?
Exactly so: more space, with 'buddy seat' option for companion dining, a few soft product extras such as a Merino wool throw, but f&b identical to Business Premiere.
fly747first likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.