Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ - Airfare Club . . .

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 11:19 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
AKL-WLG - this Wednesday without promo code.

AKL-WLG - this Wednesday with promo code.

So far the $95 seems to have been very good value.
Beano, henrus and kiwicyclo like this.
Old May 31, 2021, 2:30 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Very interesting to see they've removed the fare class restrictions - all the $296 fares are M class which is excluded under the T&C
Old May 31, 2021, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
AKL-WLG - this Wednesday without promo code.

AKL-WLG - this Wednesday with promo code.

So far the $95 seems to have been very good value.
That looks very handy. I fly short notice 1-2 times a week and can structure flights to meet rules and regulations. No phone call yet to pay the $95 though.
Old May 31, 2021, 4:22 pm

This actually looks pretty great. Sadly I wasn't selected but it would be perfect for me. If anyone has a spare spot in their 'team' I would be very grateful to have it
Old May 31, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Spare space in team

Originally Posted by prp343
This actually looks pretty great. Sadly I wasn't selected but it would be perfect for me. If anyone has a spare spot in their 'team' I would be very grateful to have it
DItto
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I didn't get selected by my Elite Partner did and so signed me up with them at the same time.

It's very good from status earning perspective as you get APD/SP at the original fare class rate but get a discount so $/SC is much better.

Not sure how much I'll use it but where I have a min 2 night stay for the next 12 months I'll wait till 7 days out to book to see what happens
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Not sure how much I'll use it but where I have a min 2 night stay for the next 12 months I'll wait till 7 days out to book to see what happens
There are no restrictions on multiple bookings though? So technically you could just do it as a day trip if you had multiple bookings (just had to make sure there was two days in between the travel).
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by henrus
There are no restrictions on multiple bookings though? So technically you could just do it as a day trip if you had multiple bookings (just had to make sure there was two days in between the travel).
Oh yes I could do but all my pre-COVID status was from international flying so domestic is the odd work trip (which is rarely 2 nights and booked by a TA) and personal trips (50/50 would be day trips or overnighters vs 2 days+). If I had lots of domestic returns I could book myself then I'd definitely do this though.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 1:28 am

I've had a bit of a play with this now after getting my call earlier this afternoon.

It looks like my biggest complaint about the product has been (at least temporarily) addressed in that while the FAQ and T&C refers to only L,T,W,V and Q being valid fare classes, that H and M have been added and work. This only leaves B and Y as the top two booking classes that are ineligible. How long this stays for (or if it's even a permanent change) is anybody's guess, but it was something I discussed with Air NZ because the product is pretty worthless a few days out if they're going to exclude H and M.

This means on a WLG-AKL for example that the P $49, K $59, X $70, G $91 S $115 B $329 and Y $376 are all ineligible fare classes, but you get from L for $135 (less 50%) up to M for $296 (less 50%) that are eligible.

There is also a another glaringly obvious benefit in that with 50% off the actual fare (fare class cost + fare basis addon cost) meaning that as you can see in the screenshot above it's only $10 more for a bag, $20 more for flexitime, and $30 more for flexidate but this will vary depending on your total ticket price.

Last edited by sbiddle; Jun 3, 2021 at 1:47 am
Old Jun 3, 2021, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
There is also a another glaringly obvious benefit in that with 50% off the actual fare (fare class cost + fare basis addon cost) meaning that as you can see in the screenshot above it's only $10 more for a bag, $20 more for flexitime, and $30 more for flexidate but this will vary depending on your total ticket price.
I do wonder what happens if you book an flexidate, if then you can change it back down to 1 night.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:07 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by WLG Base
Yes, I missed out.
A friend was kind and joined me up as part of their group.
Kiwi Flyer, debh and Beano like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Received my phone call to subscribe today. Myself and Elite Partner added.

Will definitely work for me on my travel routine. $145 well spent.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:19 am

Looking at this coming weekend $537 Seat Only without Discount, with discount $269.

$95 very well spent. Hard to think this will go on beyond the 12months.... at these prices.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Looking at this coming weekend $537 Seat Only without Discount, with discount $269.

$95 very well spent. Hard to think this will go on beyond the 12months.... at these prices.
What route has a $537 fare that's not B or Y class?!
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:43 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Has anyone booked a trip yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.