Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ - Airfare Club . . .

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Air NZ - Airfare Club . . .

Wondering if I will receive an invite!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...taneous-travel

Travel not as spontaneous as they would like?
Old May 11, 2021, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Wondering if I will receive an invite!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...taneous-travel

Travel not as spontaneous as they would like?
Given it is grabaseat based doubt will be accessible to travel card, travel agent, etc so rules out business travel.

Then how many people do personal travel for two+ nights with less than 7 days notice? As will generally need to take some leave as going after work in a Friday means pay for a night accommodation but get there late.

If was one night would be more interested.

Last edited by nzkarit; May 11, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Old May 11, 2021, 7:35 pm

Would love to be a part of this!
Old May 11, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Interesting idea. I myself have zero interest. My life is hectic, all of my travel is planned well in advance. I cannot take spontaneous travel.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Given it is grabaseat based doubt will be accessible to travel card, travel agent, etc so rules out business travel.

Then how many people do personal travel for two+ nights with less than 7 days notice? As will generally need to take some leave as going after work in a Friday means pay for a night accommodation but get there late.

If was one night would be more interested.
You seem to forget that a lot of white collar folks can "work remote" for at least some of their week
Old May 11, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Wonder if the email has been sent yet? I've taken plenty of last minute weekend trips over the last 6 months (some book an hour out from departure)

Although maybe NZ likes me paying $200 oneway seat only fares to invite me
Old May 11, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
With the planes being very full already (90%+, at least on my regional runs), you will be getting 50% off a very high fare; a sizeable slice off but still a sizeable fare remaining to pay.
Beano likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Email received @ 12.40 pm inviting me to be part.
Attached Images  
codyc1515 likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:42 pm

I did not get the email, which I am not surprised about. My travel with Air NZ is almost exclusively international
Old May 11, 2021, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I did not get the email, which I am not surprised about. My travel with Air NZ is almost exclusively international
Said had to be Airpoints member & grab a set member.
Old May 11, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I got the email earlier but the link was live to "register your interest" before this.

I like the concept, but awfully confused by the benefits - what does "up to 50% off" mean for example? This infers it is not a simple 50% discount off all available fares - will it only be available on certain fare classes for example? And will the discount not always be 50%?

I registered, but would want to actually know a lot more before I'd hand over $95

For very last minute travel there is already Gotta Go fares which are a great value proposition.
Old May 11, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I got the email earlier but the link was live to "register your interest" before this.

I like the concept, but awfully confused by the benefits - what does "up to 50% off" mean for example? This infers it is not a simple 50% discount off all available fares - will it only be available on certain fare classes for example? And will the discount not always be 50%?

I registered, but would want to actually know a lot more before I'd hand over $95

For very last minute travel there is already Gotta Go fares which are a great value proposition.
From the T/C limited to certain fare classes:Will the discount be on all fares?

The discount will apply to the original standard fare on most fare levels. The discount will apply to the following mid-range fare classes: L, T, W, V, Q
Echika and codyc1515 like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Said had to be Airpoints member & grab a set member.
If you mean be subscribed to grab a seat, I am. I never use it anymore but in my younger days did!
Old May 12, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Ahh I see the fare class bit now that I've had time to look at the full website. The reality is this product is nothing like it suggests when you're faced with those booking class limitations and in many instances people will face pretty significant restrictions when it comes to using it.

No mention in the T&C of what happens when you book Flexidate fares and then cancel the return fare to come home early.

Last edited by sbiddle; May 12, 2021 at 12:28 am
Old May 12, 2021, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
No mention in the T&C of what happens when you book Flexidate fares and then cancel the return fare to come home early.
Given it’s using a promo code I’d be almost certain that a fare difference would apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.