Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ - Airfare Club . . .

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Despite all the huge shortcomings it's not going to be hard to get $90 worth of value from it. That'll be recovered in a single booking (if you can get a booking!) 🙂
Old May 28, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Airnz airfare club

Anyone else miss out ?
Old May 28, 2021, 8:11 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Beano
Anyone else miss out ?
Yes, I missed out.
Old May 29, 2021, 6:00 am

Ratio of airfare club success

Two yes
two no
Old May 29, 2021, 1:22 pm

I was successful but know several people not on here who missed out.
Old May 29, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
I'm still yet to get the phone call though though to complete the process, is an bit painful that they need to take payment via phone call. You would think they would of just send an link to pay the $90 online.

I'm NZ*G status matched from VA, and have take multiple domestic flights in the past 6 months booked around 48hr to 2hours before departure.
Do wonder if if your recent flight history came into play with the selection.

Being AKL based 2020 taught be to book last minute, and you never know when level 3 is going to hit.
Old May 29, 2021, 7:21 pm

From my discussion with Air NZ about this the whole product is very low tech.

There was no development of anything such as an online portal to sign up, and you can also conclude from the T&C that the actual discount might be a promo code or simple URL where you can book.
Old May 30, 2021, 1:29 am

Missed out of the Airfare Club

Nine years of elite
Usually book three months aheadSeldom book a few days aheadAverage 2 sectors a week
Old May 30, 2021, 3:42 am

Nine years of elite
Usually book three months aheadSeldom book a few days aheadAverage 2 sectors a week
How many flights do you ever book from the GAS website?
Old May 30, 2021, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
How many flights do you ever book from the GAS website?
noneI just go online and book a few weeks at a time
Old May 30, 2021, 1:58 pm

noneI just go online and book a few weeks at a time
Somebody who has a few flights per week isn't really the target for the product though - the target is leisure travel.

The reality is frequent flyers could heavily exploit this product, especially those who might fly weekly on main trunk jet services where you stand a pretty good chance of finding flights with the required booking classes.

Did you actually get an email inviting you to register or did you just sign up? It would be interesting to know if anybody who wasn't part of the initial email list was chosen.

What I'm interested to see if whether Air NZ actually survey customers to establish what they think of the product. After Flexitime Flyer was canned the customer survey was terrible and I'm not sure what Air NZ would have been able to establish from it. Unlike Flexitime Flyer this product has pretty significant catches and limitations, and it's really going to be interesting to see what the perception is from people who are accepted into the trial and don't understand these at present (which I assume would be most).
Old May 30, 2021, 7:39 pm

Airfare club

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Somebody who has a few flights per week isn't really the target for the product though - the target is leisure travel.

The reality is frequent flyers could heavily exploit this product, especially those who might fly weekly on main trunk jet services where you stand a pretty good chance of finding flights with the required booking classes.

Did you actually get an email inviting you to register or did you just sign up? It would be interesting to know if anybody who wasn't part of the initial email list was chosen.

What I'm interested to see if whether Air NZ actually survey customers to establish what they think of the product. After Flexitime Flyer was canned the customer survey was terrible and I'm not sure what Air NZ would have been able to establish from it. Unlike Flexitime Flyer this product has pretty significant catches and limitations, and it's really going to be interesting to see what the perception is from people who are accepted into the trial and don't understand these at present (which I assume would be most).
yes I did get the email and yes I added two additional persons to my application.
The other two travel at short notice and many times their cost are three to four times my cost.
I worked out I could recover the subscription in just two additional tickets.
Yes it was a sad day when the flexi time subscription went
a real no brainer
Old May 30, 2021, 8:07 pm

Got the phone call this afternoon and all paid and received an promo code straight away.

Looks like fares recipe full SP/APD, looking at AKL-ZQN on Thursday and $240 Seat Only flight becomes $121 with discount.
sbiddle likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Got the phone call this afternoon and all paid and received an promo code straight away.

Looks like fares recipe full SP/APD, looking at AKL-ZQN on Thursday and $240 Seat Only flight becomes $121 with discount.
Assuming it's just a regular but unique promo code to use on the website?

If so, when you search a route not included in the promo code (eg Trans Tasman) does it show an error message like the following, and if so when you click on details does it give a box like the following with the details? I'm curious if it does and what the sale period, travel period and T&C's are.

Old May 30, 2021, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by henrus
Assuming it's just a regular but unique promo code to use on the website?

If so, when you search a route not included in the promo code (eg Trans Tasman) does it show an error message like the following, and if so when you click on details does it give a box like the following with the details? I'm curious if it does and what the sale period, travel period and T&C's are.
It is an custom promo code - only works when you an logged into air-points.
Here is the T&C
Terms & Conditions
Your Membership will give you access to Qualifying Flights at a discount of up to fifty percent (50%) off. These discounts are only available for bookings: made within seven (7) days of your intended outbound departure date; and which return within fourteen (14) days of the original outbound departure date. Each booking must include a minimum two-night stay to be eligible for the discount. Discounts cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other discount or promo code offer. Qualifying Flights are limited to the fare classes: L, T, W, V, Q (excludes certain fare classes), are subject to availability and are subject to change without notice at any time. For a Single Passenger Pass there is a limit of one (1) adult passenger per booking under the Gotta Getaway Programme. This means that a separate booking will need to be made for any adult or Child passengers who may be travelling with you. In addition to these Terms, the Air New Zealand Airpoints™ terms & conditions and the seat, seat+bag, flexitime and flexidate fare rules apply. All travel purchased is subject to Air New Zealand's Conditions of Carriage. Standard fees or charges payable in connection with a Qualifying Flight or Domestic fare or to any other products or services offered by Grabaseat or its partners will continue to apply. Promo code is valid for new bookings only. Seats are limited - flight dates and times are subject to availability at the time of booking. For bookings paid with credit, debit or charge card, a fee of $4 per person per one way domestic journey applies, unless the form of payment used is either Airpoints Dollars or internet banking (POLi). Once a booking is confirmed, any changes made thereafter will incur additional fees and any applicable fare difference
henrus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.