Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aussie Again

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cavemanzk

The AKL lounge is pretty much back to normal, an feel free to spread the germs at the self service buffet.
Lucky there is no Covid in NZ, we beat it remember! 😂
Old May 30, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the update.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 12:21 am

If you're traveling in the next week to/from QLD I'd check your bookings. Quite a lot of flights were canceled this morning without warning and people have been rebooked via Auckland. Thursday is a bit crazy with the 787 service full in Economy due to the rebookings.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by henrus
If you're traveling in the next week to/from QLD I'd check your bookings. Quite a lot of flights were canceled this morning without warning and people have been rebooked via Auckland. Thursday is a bit crazy with the 787 service full in Economy due to the rebookings.
Same issue, different carrier. Mrs TK was booked on QF AKL-BNE-TSV return departing this Wednesday, and I was rather hoping that QF might cancel given the NZ Govt's travel pause to QLD.

Earlier today I 'blinked first' and placed her flight into credit ... The NZ credit system appears superior to QF's.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 1:59 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Economy full

Originally Posted by henrus
​​​​​​Great operational probability to be upgraded to PE and business .
Old Jul 11, 2021, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Same issue, different carrier. Mrs TK was booked on QF AKL-BNE-TSV return departing this Wednesday, and I was rather hoping that QF might cancel given the NZ Govt's travel pause to QLD.

Earlier today I 'blinked first' and placed her flight into credit ... The NZ credit system appears superior to QF's.
NZ's credit system is amazing because it's instant. Yes, it's annoying that Air NZ doesn't give refunds however given I'm likely to use a credit in the future it's nice knowing any flight can be canceled instantly for a refund.

Originally Posted by Beano
Sadly I've been moved to a 321neo service which I'm hoping isn't canceled as well. It looks like the 787 service on Thursday isn't full but rather zeroed out given cancelations from BNE-CHC (and I think there was also a ZQN or WLG service gone as well).
Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Beano
Not so am afraid, flew MEL/AKL 7th July and had a recognition upgrade pending. Was told at check in that flight full so unlikely, Didn't get upgrade but on the plane 6 empty PE and 3 business class seats empty.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
NZ's current ticket flexibility policy for effected tickets on the Tasman over the next two months, seem to pretty much force you to take an credit rather than being able to change the flights to later date without being charged the fare difference.

Seems unfair that you can only change your tickets to travel before 31 August 2021 for free, then after that you have to pay the fair difference. The Tasman Bubble is closed until 24 Sept 2021 (at-least) so you basically have to take the credit.... then re-purchase at the new going rate when the bubble re-opens.

Ticket Flexibility

If your flight was ticketed before 23 July 2021 and is affected by this pause, the below options are available to you:
  • Rebook travel to depart up to and including 31 August 2021 at no additional cost if travel is to/from the same destination. Additional taxes may apply with fare difference applicable if upgrading cabin class.
  • Hold your fare in credit to rebook at a later date. This can be done by managing your booking online.
  • Request a refund if your fare rules allow. You can view your fare rules online here.
For bookings created with the assistance of a travel agent or third-party online agent, please contact them directly for further asstiance.
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...Inmc6iGFnbKFZV
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:18 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
NZ's current ticket flexibility policy for effected tickets on the Tasman over the next two months, seem to pretty much force you to take an credit rather than being able to change the flights to later date without being charged the fare difference.

Seems unfair that you can only change your tickets to travel before 31 August 2021 for free, then after that you have to pay the fair difference. The Tasman Bubble is closed until 24 Sept 2021 (at-least) so you basically have to take the credit.... then re-purchase at the new going rate when the bubble re-opens.[h4]
We were booked to SYD this week. I thought we had to take a credit, but after our flight was cancelled we got an email on Friday night which included this:

"• If you no longer wish to travel, or do not meet eligibility criteria, you can cancel your flight and opt in to credit or rebook to a later date"

I couldn't do it online, so yesterday morning I rang. I got a super-helpful woman who moved everything to later this year, no cost. We may still be unable to travel then, but at least we have a booking, which we can credit later if things are still locked down.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.