Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

NZ or JQ on Main Trunk Dom, is it worth being loyal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ or JQ on Main Trunk Dom, is it worth being loyal?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I

There also seems to be a massive number of changes happening last minute on many routes. As we know Air NZ domestic prices can change to to around half a dozen times per day based on their revenue system making last minute changes to try and maximise revenue. It's not uncommon to see prices dropping significantly in the 24 - 48 hours before a flight, and with every flight at present being flexible this offers plenty of opportunity for savvy people to rebook at a much cheaper price.
Also between 1-2hours before departure is pretty common to see the fares drop again if there is an empty seats needing filling.

Ive picked up a couple of last minute weekend trips recently, all booked for half the price if I had done it the day before.

Huge risk to play, but if your not to worried about we’re your going for your weekend away it’s an great saving method.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Their booking engine simply doesn't seem to need coping well especially with fewer last minute business travelers.

Going forward I'd like to think we might see a reduction in the number of lower and high end fare buckets and more in the middle.

The price ranges we have on most domestic routes really are huge, and it's not difficult to see how people who have zero idea how airline bookings work to have faux outrage.
​​​​​
Old Jan 7, 2021, 7:47 pm

Programs: NZ Koru

$454 Seat Only CHC-AKL, who would even pay that much for that trip?

AKL-CHC and CHC-AKL flights seem to be struggling the most with surge prices this summer.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
cavemanzk Well, your example is only 2 days away and is the Sunday prior to many folks returning to work after the main Summer holidays.... Quite unsurprising to see flights heavily sold.

It will be more interesting if you take similar screenshots every few hours over the next 2 days and post an analysis of the data you collect 😀
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Just looking at CHC-AKL for tomorrow, 11 flights with at least 1 seat on them, only 6 flights that Air NZ are willing to sell 9 seats on.

So yeah, flights are pretty chokka so hardly surprising there is mainly B and Y class available.
samyoull likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.