Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Premier Survey

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by JayKiwi
Some more conjecture here re: those points raised in the survey: https://onemileatatime.com/air-new-zealand-new-business-class-seat/
Wow talk about basically stealing the Executive Traveller article..
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Ben does that all the time which is one of the many reasons he has lost so much respect in the travel community
Old Nov 17, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by fly747first
Ben does that all the time which is one of the many reasons he has lost so much respect in the travel community
Right up there with all the clickbait on simpleflying..
fly747first and brenrox like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
To be fair he referenced and linked the Exec Traveller article

And the exec traveller article also mirrors what we discussed here, including the China Eastern example which I linked above! So everyone is inspired by each other!
Old Nov 18, 2020, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
To be fair he referenced and linked the Exec Traveller article

And the exec traveller article also mirrors what we discussed here, including the China Eastern example which I linked above! So everyone is inspired by each other!
He only referenced Exec Traveller after several of his readers called him out on it; of course he deleted the comments and then revised to give Exec Traveller credit
Old Nov 18, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first
He only referenced Exec Traveller after several of his readers called him out on it; of course he deleted the comments and then revised to give Exec Traveller credit
OK but did exec traveller find out about the survey here? We haven't been credited! 😂
fly747first likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
OK but did exec traveller find out about the survey here? We haven't been credited! 😂
Anyone can make a mistake, but One Gossip at a Time has a history of not giving other sources credit for years now. Why do you think all his new writers quit? No one with integrity would agree to basically plagiarize.
CHCflyer likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:43 am

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Assuming a slightly larger seat in a 4-seat mini cabin with slightly enhanced software (ie, pillows and blankets), a companion dining seat that’s not similarly available in C, and “maybe” slightly better bubbly, would you (and others in your party) pay, say NZ$600 each for the privilege?
$600 for a few extra inches *in C* and a blanket? That blanket better be made from the willingly-given woven tears of an organic virgin Fair Trade dolphin or some such, and I better get to keep the damn thing.

$1200 extra just so I can dine with someone? I can't think of anyone I'd pay $1200 to dine with, regardless of if they're wife, husband, partner, SO, boss, or most recently rented-for-the-trip Sugardaddy.com member.
taupo and smeags_nz like this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JamesBigglesworth
$600 for a few extra inches *in C* and a blanket? That blanket better be made from the willingly-given woven tears of an organic virgin Fair Trade dolphin or some such, and I better get to keep the damn thing.

$1200 extra just so I can dine with someone? I can't think of anyone I'd pay $1200 to dine with, regardless of if they're wife, husband, partner, SO, boss, or most recently rented-for-the-trip Sugardaddy.com member.
Years ago, *A partner SAS offered the first row of J at a premium as these seats could be converted to go fully flat and the product failed miserably; seems like NZ missed the memo and they think pax will pay that much for a slightly better blanket
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
If the NZ C+ product is pitched as being similar to an F product (upgraded food or bubbly, better soft product, and most importantly, a private 4-seat cabin), I think a few pax might bite. The incremental cost of providing this is pretty minimal and if even just 1 pax per day opts to pay a small premium (15-20% above the revenue fare), it should be profitable. The country does attract high-yield pax, some of whom actually are willing to pay full F fares, so having a private cabin with the soon-to be relatively unique-in-the-NZ market opportunity of having a dining mate at your seat, will attract a couple or two everyone once in awhile. Have you seen the C class loads on the US flights during cruise season? Cruise pax paying $30k+ for a Silversea or Seabourn cruise suite and $12k for their airfares to AKL won’t bat an eye at upgrading to the mini-F product.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Is this how the new NZ J product will look.......?
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...business-class
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Is this how the new NZ J product will look.......?
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...business-class
Not likely as the new Mint “business+” product is an aisle-facing product designed for narrow body aircraft. But, the notion of providing a differentiated business product that makes use of the extra space at the bulkhead is. I expect the NZ product will be more similar to this: https://www.aircraftinteriorsinterna...ess-class.html
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:45 pm

JetBlue having doors on a narrow body business (for all seats not just the 1-1 seats) will date AirNZ's product if they don't go with doors on a widebody. If AirNZ doesn't have doors with a 2024+ launch date, I will guess will be behind the times.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:25 am

Each carrier makes a determination of how open or private to make their business product. Reflects a combination of factors, including the mix of solo business travelers for whom sleep and privacy is a priority vs couples traveling for leisure purposes. The carrier’s local culture and how publicly social it is also plays a large part. When compared to other carriers, BA, for example, has noted their C and F products have tried to higher than average levels of privacy (tall, enveloping seat shrouds in the old C and F products, doors for new C and F) while QF, OTOH, has said that they purposely have designed seats and cabins that are a bit more open owing to the social nature of the home country culture. QF, as you’ll note, did not elect to add doors to their new C seats. Likely a combination of the added weight and their desire for more open connections between the pax and crew.

Im guessing that NZ will not have doors on their C product, but will on C+ , in the front row. Doors add fuel and maintenance costs and given the high shares of couples traveling for non-business purposes, both Kiwis and inbound Asians, etc, I’m not sure they’d be “on brand” for NZ. Plus, having doors solely on the C+ product provides needed differentiation for that upsell product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.