Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Flexidate- can't change to lower price flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Could not find this on a search... I have a domestic Flexidate fare. Noticed that prices have dropped on other flights same day. When I try and change online, these are not even shown as options- only no difference or more expensive flights?

Do I really have to call, hold for 2 hours to change these flights and get a refund of fare difference?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:58 pm

You can cancel and rebook the cheaper ones in the app.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prp343
You can cancel and rebook the cheaper ones in the app.
Thanks, but right now they have removed the cancel online/app functionality. Had to hold for 2.5 hours to cancel another Flexidate, apparently an IT thing to do with credits. Ridiculous.

Need the Airpoints back to rebook unfortunately...
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:14 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
I presume the flexitime and flexidate functionality with changing to a same day flight is working normally online and via the app? i might need to do this next week
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I've got future Flexidate fares booked that appear to be working perfectly for me. Same price (or cheaper) flights are showing as $0 in the app for a change.More expensive flights are showing as $20 +

it's also worth pointing out that you will NOT get a refund changing to a cheaper flight. If you want to save money you'll need to cancel the flexidate fare and rebook the cheaper flight.
Kiwi Flyer likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
I presume the flexitime and flexidate functionality with changing to a same day flight is working normally online and via the app? i might need to do this next week
Yes . . I have done this, this week as per usual . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.