Cancelling Flexidate Flights

Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:21 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BLQ / TRG
Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Posts: 1,068
Cancelling Flexidate Flights

Hi all,

I have some Felxidate flights that need to cancelled. In the past this was easily done online. From what I can see this option has been removed now from all my future bookings.
This seems really odd that I now have to phone AirNZ and take up their valuable staff time for a simple function that should be able to be completed online like in the past.
Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks
WLGNZ is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:11 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Posts: 728
H


they sent me a note with PNR last night that allowed me to credit my flight....or...

last week I contacted elite email and Sue refunded my flexi date flights.
Markhm is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:19 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 120
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Hi all,

I have some Felxidate flights that need to cancelled. In the past this was easily done online. From what I can see this option has been removed now from all my future bookings.
This seems really odd that I now have to phone AirNZ and take up their valuable staff time for a simple function that should be able to be completed online like in the past.
Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Rough. I cancelled using the app yesterday.
prp343 is online now  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:36 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Posts: 145
Im having the same issue.

I can't check in online either with the app or online
Hector99 is offline  
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:22 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Posts: 10,026
Cancelled 3 FlexiDate flights WLG-AKL vv for October on Wed night. Used the App to cancel.

Refunds were deposited within 24 hours.

Flights were flex positioning for international flights that have now changed date/schedule.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:41 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BLQ / TRG
Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Posts: 1,068
It is unfortunate that Air NZ has removed the ability to cancel domestic Flexi-date flights from online. Yesterday I had to phone in to cancel which worked fine. Took 15 minute to get through, and refund is on the way.
But it was a complete waste of valuable call centre staff time for a simple thing that used to be able to be handled on line.
Be safe everyone.
WLGNZ
WLGNZ is offline  
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:58 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bne
Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,297
Flexidate flexitime

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
It is unfortunate that Air NZ has removed the ability to cancel domestic Flexi-date flights from online. Yesterday I had to phone in to cancel which worked fine. Took 15 minute to get through, and refund is on the way.
But it was a complete waste of valuable call centre staff time for a simple thing that used to be able to be handled on line.
Be safe everyone.
WLGNZ
can you still change the time online for flexidate and flexitime ?
Beano is online now  
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:23 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: air new zealand
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Beano
can you still change the time online for flexidate and flexitime ?
Just moved tomorrow's flight to today on app. All good.
kathkiwi is offline  
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:28 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Posts: 417
Just about to cancel a flexidate flight for Wednesday 25th March. Purchased when it was a full refund policy. Now only gives option for a credit. Go Air NZ!
kiwicyclo is offline  
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:01 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BLQ / TRG
Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Posts: 1,068
Yep. That is what I found. Had to waste their time and phone to get the refund. Which was handled no problem.
WLGNZ is offline  
Old May 7, 2020, 9:09 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BLQ / TRG
Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Posts: 1,068
AirNZ auto cancelled a June flight on domestic today. They emailed to say they will put the fare into credit.
Rang the call centre and requested a refund for the flexi-date fare, which was initially denied. I had to point out the flexi-date fare conditions, at which point they processed the refund.

We can only hope that AirNZ bring back the online option for dealing with flexi-date fares soon. What waste of resource having to phone every time to do simple things with flexi-date fares.
Beckett66 likes this.
WLGNZ is offline  
Old May 8, 2020, 12:01 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 171
Im guessing they are doing this to deter people from draining their cash flow further by adding frictions.
akl_cat is offline  
Old May 8, 2020, 12:26 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
AirNZ auto cancelled a June flight on domestic today. They emailed to say they will put the fare into credit.
Rang the call centre and requested a refund for the flexi-date fare, which was initially denied. I had to point out the flexi-date fare conditions, at which point they processed the refund.

We can only hope that AirNZ bring back the online option for dealing with flexi-date fares soon. What waste of resource having to phone every time to do simple things with flexi-date fares.
Didn't think of having the flexidate fare held in credit and taking up the $30 APD added to your APD offering for a return flight?
kiwicyclo is offline  
Old May 8, 2020, 12:52 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BLQ / TRG
Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Posts: 1,068
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Didn't think of having the flexidate fare held in credit and taking up the $30 APD added to your APD offering for a return flight?
Didn't cross my mind.
Thanks for the reminder. Will look at this for the next two flexi-date fares will be cancelling next week once the schedule churn settles.
WLGNZ is offline  
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:07 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BLQ / TRG
Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Posts: 1,068
I note that the ability to cancel flexidate fares online is now back in place.
Thank you AirNZ for bringing this back as it saves time for everybody on calling in to do this.
Beckett66 likes this.
WLGNZ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.