Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Booking Pricing

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Domestic Booking Pricing

Perhaps a sign of things to come with domestic booking prices really going up in price. A few days ago booked a domestic multi-stop, $515 for 2 in June as figure some semblence of the network will be operating., Today checked and the price has now gone to $843 for 2 for the same days. Some the prices in general are getting eye watering.
Old May 1, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by ClanJ
Perhaps a sign of things to come with domestic booking prices really going up in price. A few days ago booked a domestic multi-stop, $515 for 2 in June as figure some semblence of the network will be operating., Today checked and the price has now gone to $843 for 2 for the same days. Some the prices in general are getting eye watering.

Auckland Queenstown is being sold from 1st July at $119 seat only each way. Wonder how long this will last. Probably until the announcement on the 11th May, or may change if Air Nz are party to insider information on relaxing of travel restriction. Once this storm in a teacup is over and the election is nearer.
Old May 1, 2020, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Why does this surprise you? The only people who are flying are those that do so for essential reasons, meaning there is no price elasticity.
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Plus even when we go to level 2 they will likely still have to block the middle seat for social distancing (not that it does much, but lets not debate that here). That cuts out 1/3 of your potential revenue every flight. I mean you could replace some of that revenue with extra cargo weight but still I'd expect prices to be higher until at least all restrictions are eased and they can sell adjacent seats etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.