Wiki Posts
Search

Airside AKL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Airside AKL

Anybody know what's open airside under Level 3 or everything still shut, also what will open under Level 2?

I know the lounges will probably stay closed for the foreseeable future due to extremely low traffic.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:10 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Would say everything would still be closed.

1. The lack of demand / flights.
2. Probably isn't the best enirovment for click and collect.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I of course don't know why you are asking, but as a non-citizen you probably won't have any first hand experience for a while!
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
We are due to depart from AKL on 4th June (if the flight actually goes that is!) and was just wondering what the situation might be airside because somebody on one of the recent repatriation flights to UK said there was only a vending machine operating there.

Last edited by Lussac; Apr 28, 2020 at 8:57 pm
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Lussac
We are due to depart from AKL on 4th June (if the flight actually goes that is!) and was just wondering what the situation might be airside because somebody on one of the recent repatriation flights to UK said there was only a vending machine operating there.
Well at AKL International airside I doubt there will be anything open before a vaccine and international travel resumes. There may be something open if we create a Trans Tasman bubble and there are enough customers to make things worth opening. I highly doubt a TT bubble by June. I suspect will require at least a month of no cases (outside of Quarantine and Managed isolation), plus all the i dotting and t crossing with Federal, State, and NZ Govts before becomes a thing.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I suspect everything will be shuttered, but anything more than a week out is a guess.

Last edited by LondonElite; Apr 29, 2020 at 12:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.