Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Why is NZ still selling tickets for LAX-LHR?

Why is NZ still selling tickets for LAX-LHR?

Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:55 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,569
Originally Posted by ClanJ
I see that they are still offering fares an NZ metal AKL/LHR via LAX. Having announced cancelation of the route to day to have booking availability still up is deplorable behaviour lacking any semblence of ethics.
Staff are using alternative working arrangements and there is a pandemic going on, so they are not going to be as efficient as normal. It takes time to pull the flights for three routes LHR, NWR, EZE. I am sure they are working as fast as they and the systems allow.
nzkarit is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:46 am
  #17  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 660
Originally Posted by nzkarit
It takes time to pull the flights for three routes LHR, NWR, EZE. I am sure they are working as fast as they and the systems allow.
This is patently false, availability and other parameters can be adjusted in seconds... and it has to be given the very dynamic nature of the business. Let's not make excuses for poor behavior. I am not quite sure what NZ's game plan is but their overall behavior thus far with regard to various issues is "seedy" to put it mildly.
k374 is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:06 pm
  #18  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 660
Air New Zealand Decides Not to return to London. Now let us see when the official cancellation takes place.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...urn-to-london/
k374 is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:17 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,873
Originally Posted by sbiddle
When the last flight flew last month it was expected that this would possibly be the last flight ever because whether we'd even be flying again globally by then was a complete unknown. Airlines can't just go cancelling their schedules for an indefinite period of time.
Some airlines are doing that. Why are they not allowed to?
s0ssos is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 4:24 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,569
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Some airlines are doing that. Why are they not allowed to?
One would be slots at slot constrained airports. If cancel indefinitely the flight, slot goes back to the pool.
They have changed some slot rules at the moment, but guess that had a from/to date. Can cancel those flights at the moment and have it counted for 80% use of the slot.
irishguy28 likes this.
nzkarit is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:50 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by keitherson
So they can get your cash, and then offer you a nice voucher when they eventually cancel.
Businesses can breach the Fair Trading Act if they demand or accept payments when they do not reasonably believe they will be able to provide the goods or service.
kiwicyclo is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:30 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 5,999
Just to actually bring some context back to this thread and the discussion about LAX - LHR - Air NZ stopped selling tickets on the LAX - LHR route yesterday NZ time after the announcement was made that this sector was being scrapped.

(And this thread is specifically about that sector, not other flights or routes nor flights from AKL - LHR which are being discussed in numerous other threads, so I see no reason to bring discussion around that into yet another thread)
sbiddle is online now  
Old Apr 25, 2020, 2:30 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Just to actually bring some context back to this thread and the discussion about LAX - LHR - Air NZ stopped selling tickets on the LAX - LHR route yesterday NZ time after the announcement was made that this sector was being scrapped.

(And this thread is specifically about that sector, not other flights or routes nor flights from AKL - LHR which are being discussed in numerous other threads, so I see no reason to bring discussion around that into yet another thread)
As of now 1925 25 Apr I have gone online, completed a booking including seat select NZ AKL/LAX/LHR NZ2 thru to payment, while have not pushed the pay button suspect it would accept. To be able to do this is just unacceptable.
ClanJ is offline  
Old Apr 25, 2020, 4:06 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 5,999
Originally Posted by ClanJ
As of now 1925 25 Apr I have gone online, completed a booking including seat select NZ AKL/LAX/LHR NZ2 thru to payment, while have not pushed the pay button suspect it would accept. To be able to do this is just unacceptable.
It's fine mentioning that but this issue is already being discussed in a number of other threads and I see it of zero relevance to to this particular topic. This particular thread is about - AKL-LHR flights, for which you can no longer book.

There are already multiple threads on here discussing AKL-LHR, DOT rules and cancellations. I don't think we need yet another thread to go off track and discuss that, it'll already be confusing enough for anybody trying to understand what is actually happening needing to read multiple different threads.
irishguy28 likes this.
sbiddle is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.