Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Should I credit my Singapore Ticketed Flights to NZ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum

Bought PE and J flights via Singapore Airlines, but travelling on NZ metal as I had just missed out on NZ New Year's sales... Singapore Airlines still had the specials. Should I credit the miles to my NZ SP? Or start crediting a new KrisFlyer account I just created? I know I won't get as much SP because I didn't book direct with NZ. :-(
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I think NZ will credit APD/SP based on NZ rates if on NZ metal even ticketed by SQ. This is different from other specific alliances such as CX.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:54 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I usually take care of the home program first so would accrue to NZ first. If I knew other flying would take care of NZ targets then I accrue to SQ but I top up SQ with other methods to make it a beneficial program. If you're not going to maximize the SQ program then I'd accrue to NZ.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
When I booked with UA business and flew Air NZ metal they credited me with the same amount of SP I would have had booking through them.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
That's sort of encouraging to hear! When I go on this website (https://www.airnzpoints.co.nz/) it tells me I will only get half the points than I would've if booked direct with NZ for the same price.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
When I booked with UA business and flew Air NZ metal they credited me with the same amount of SP I would have had booking through them.
There are aspects of the UA/NZ JV on the AKL-SFO route that are different to the NZ/SQ JV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.