Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Menus?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by bce1
Yet again sitting in lounge picking capers out of my chicken tangine. And I thought it was just me
Whereas I take the spoonfuls with the most capers 😋
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LadyBell
Anyone flying any Asian routes esp SIN who can share the menu?
Not SIN I'm afraid but here's the menu from NZ80 HKG-AKL in October.

From the dinner menu I had the Sichuan beef appetiser (a bit dull), the superfood salad with chicken (actually extremely tasty, and a very generous serve - best main course I've had on NZ for quite a while), and the ice cream. Annoyingly, no 'Fine Wine' programme wines this month, but at least the regular wines were a little better - I had a decent Auntsfield sauvignon blanc, a delicious Framingham pinot noir, and a similarly excellent Whitehaven noble riesling with my dessert. The FA serving our section was great, and she brought me various samples of other wines to try. She said the Fine Wines are usually featured every other month, and that they seem to have had Craggy Range Sophia a lot lately, so it seems I've just had particularly bad luck.

She also mentioned that there was a focus on including some healthier options in the menu, like the superfood salad (which I chose) for dinner and the coconut chia bowl for breakfast. The next morning she remembered I'd been interested in trying that, and while it wasn't much to look at I thought it was pretty good, and a very filling and substantial serve. No pics of my dinner unfortunately, but you can see the coconut chia bowl below.

Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:54 am

Thank You!
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:24 am

I don't have photos sadly, but my Vancouver to Auckland flight on the 789 had much tastier food that was nice and hot than my flight on the leased 777 to LAX. Bread service was very poor, the flight attendant lamented they hadn't been given much bread, but I enjoyed Canadas interesting take on garlic bread, very different from the type of loaf I am used to on the flight.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:29 pm

Enjoying the capers in the lunch at AKL domestic lunch today
debh likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Enjoying the capers in the lunch at AKL domestic lunch today
Make sure you pick them all out and eat as many as you can so they run out!
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:01 pm

Oh there were quite a lot of capers on my smoked salmon starter last night, I thought of you as I enjoyed them 😉
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Make sure you pick them all out and eat as many as you can so they run out!
Q. What do you call capers that are rolling off your plate?

A. Escapers.
mad_atta, Fliar, poopbunny and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Had an interesting conversation with one of the FSMs on a recent flight about types of beef on US routes - apparently the burger continues to be the most favourite BP meal (I think that's been said before) on the North American sectors - they change it slightly, but the basic burger concept continues to win hands down over other options so they continue to run with it. They have done surveys and focus groups and asked the question - burger or steak and consistently its burger !! He also said that only a few percent of BP passengers fly more than once within the menus cycle, so they don't see the need to change them more often as new for most people who fly....... hence the slow rotations.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
NZ81 last week

The Lamb Burger was the best thing i've eaten on a plane in ages!
LadyBell likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
No capers. How exciting!
LadyBell likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:41 pm

Looks delish! Hoping for something similar on the SIN route in a fre Days.
Will post
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
No capers. How exciting!
Minimal capers on salmon appy on NZ 23 yesterday. Maybe they are reading our dislike
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by taupo
Minimal capers on salmon appy on NZ 23 yesterday. Maybe they are reading our dislike
I doubt it. Probably another ‘enhancement’ - capers are very unsustainable you know.....
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Somebody inside Air NZ clearly has a caper addiction. I posted in the current NZ6/8/28 menu abive that multiple menu options had capers which I hate.

Tonight I'm in Koru at AKL and both the chicken and veges have capers in them!
You are so right sbiddle bloody capers are everywhere in NZ meals.
Ick
Originally Posted by taupo
Capers should be stored in a HAZMAT container and dispensed in an air lock chamber, definitely not scattered all over perfectly good food.
Yet again sitting in lounge picking capers out of my chicken tangine. And I thought it was just me
Oh for goodness sake there are totally NORMAL people out there that like capers!!

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Whereas I take the spoonfuls with the most capers 😋

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.