Business Class Menus?

Old Sep 22, 19, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Business Class Menus?

Does anyone know if the business class menus are available online anywhere for upcoming flights? I know many other airlines publish them, but I haven't ever seen them from Air New Zealand.

Do they rotate every 3 months or so?

I'll be flying SFO-AKL-SYD and SYD-AKL-SFO in October, if anyone happens to know the menus ...
Old Sep 22, 19, 5:18 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
I've never seen them published online except for people who have posted their own photos.

I'm flying AKL-SFO but not for another 2 1/2 weeks.
Old Sep 25, 19, 5:26 am

Sept menu

Hi
We flew Adelaide - Auckland
Auckland - Houston a few days ago in J and this was our menu for the long haul
didnt take a pic of the Adelaide to Auckland lunch menu tho. Hope it gives you some idea

Dinner akl to Houston

Breakfast Auckland to houston
Old Sep 25, 19, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Melia View Post
Hi
We flew Adelaide - Auckland
Auckland - Houston a few days ago in J and this was our menu for the long haul

Dinner akl to Houston

Beef cheek 4 / 10

Last edited by poopbunny; Sep 25, 19 at 10:46 am
Old Sep 26, 19, 6:30 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA gold, NZ*G, QF bronze, Former 'bottom-feeder' AC*G
I had that exact same menu AKL-LAX on NZ5 on Sept 23rd. I had the salmon which was decent but unmemorable. I had the fritters for breakfast which were disappointing.
libertyuk likes this.
Old Sep 26, 19, 11:48 am

Programs: Nz*G
The food is getting poorer by the year.
Only 3-4 years ago it was such a great experience, now the food is average.
Premium economy is just as good. Save your $
poopbunny likes this.
Old Sep 26, 19, 1:22 pm

There seems to be very little variation in the menus now, with the same items appearing across even more flights.

That photo above almost looked like a PE meal, and looks like it was just heated up like that rather than being plated. I didn't have the beef cheek on my flight to HKG a few weeks ago in PE but having seen it on the tray it looked better than that BP variation above!

How strong were the capers in the salmon? It looked good on my flight to HKG but I'm not a fan of them so didn't try it. I'm off to SFO in BP in a couple of weeks so might have to give it a go.
Old Sep 26, 19, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post

How strong were the capers in the salmon? It looked good on my flight to HKG but I'm not a fan of them so didn't try it. I'm off to SFO in BP in a couple of weeks so might have to give it a go.
You may get the Burger - it amazes me that you might pay thousands for J and be offered a Burger that even in the most exclusive burger bar might be worth $30. While the burger is not bad itís not what Iíd expect and Iím sure they could do better. Iíve had the beef cheeks quite a few times and theyíve never looked as bad as in earlier photo - Iíve also had the salmon which I enjoyed - assessment of Ďstrengthí of food such as capers is different from person to person but I found them fine.
poopbunny likes this.
Old Sep 26, 19, 4:07 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by drajknox View Post
You may get the Burger - it amazes me that you might pay thousands for J and be offered a Burger that even in the most exclusive burger bar might be worth $30. While the burger is not bad itís not what Iíd expect and Iím sure they could do better.
NZ87 AKL-HKG 4 weeks ago had this beef sandwich as dinner. It was actually pretty good, but the menu was less than I anticipated for J in regard of the Ďmore substantial mealí from the menu. There were other choices .... but not for me

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Sep 26, 19 at 4:20 pm
Old Sep 26, 19, 5:17 pm

Anybody know if Air NZ still serve steak to Japan? This was from PE two years ago.

I wish I could get something this good flying to the US even if only in BP rather than PE. It was cooked perfectly.

Old Sep 26, 19, 5:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Steak was not on my PE menu to Tokyo in July. I'll be flying to Osaka in a few months, will have to wait and see!
Old Sep 26, 19, 7:47 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-WP
Menu changes in 2 weeks apparently.
i have been very disappointed about the ‘sameness’ which has crept in - North America almost identical to almost all their destinations. No recent trips to Asia to comment on
Old Sep 26, 19, 7:53 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by bce1 View Post
Menu changes in 2 weeks apparently.
i have been very disappointed about the Ďsamenessí which has crept in - North America almost identical to almost all their destinations. No recent trips to Asia to comment on
I can assure you if you were forced to eat a special meal due to dietary requirements, you wouldn't be complaining about the "sameness", you'd be content with food that is both edible, somewhat tasty and won't make you seriously ill!
Beckett66 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Thanks all!

My vague understanding is that menus were quarterly (3 month cycle), so, a change around Oct 1 is what I was expecting, which matches what was said above. I also had a vague understanding that "North America" to AKL and AKL to "North America" were always the same, regardless if LAX, SFO, Houston, which also matches what y'all are saying.

If anyone flies "North America" to AKL, AKL-SYD, SYD-ALK, or AKL-"North America" in BP in October, I'd love some menu photos/recommendations!
Old Sep 27, 19, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by jewree View Post
Thanks all!

My vague understanding is that menus were quarterly (3 month cycle), so, a change around Oct 1 is what I was expecting, which matches what was said above. I also had a vague understanding that "North America" to AKL and AKL to "North America" were always the same, regardless if LAX, SFO, Houston, which also matches what y'all are saying.

If anyone flies "North America" to AKL, AKL-SYD, SYD-ALK, or AKL-"North America" in BP in October, I'd love some menu photos/recommendations!
NZ2 and NZ5 are different as they are supper and breakfast so one less main option I think as leave after 2200 or something

Search this Thread