Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Rebound
Still got to be quicker than Emirates in 2, sometimes three languages
And the advert that pauses the movie you've just started watching to inform you that it is possible to watch movies on the shiny TV screen looking thing in front of you.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Was just on a flight and it really drags on. The gaps between the actual content are far too long
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by brenrox
I only watched ~2minutes of the current video (should see the remainder tomorrow if its loaded), but got the impression that it will become a tough watch for someone subjected to it on a weekly basis. I actually don't mind the Northland one (as an infrequent flyer), the only thing I roll my eyes at is the Scott Dixon reaction to the vessel only doing 35 knots...I don't mind the novelty so much, it's just they draw it out so much - they could easily halve the duration.
SNAP! I HATE this part of the video as well!
brenrox likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Having seen the end, I do like the 4 more years gag. I do have to say, at least it doesn't go for as long as the SQ one (~6min according to Youtube)
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by brenrox
Having seen the end, I do like the 4 more years gag. I do have to say, at least it doesn't go for as long as the SQ one (~6min according to Youtube)
True that the SQ one is long... but at least it's beautifully filmed, and the tone is calm, quiet and easy to ignore if you've seen it multiple times. (I know, a safety video arguably shouldn't be 'easy to ignore'... but as a relatively frequent flyer that's a quality I appreciate!)
poopbunny likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.