Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Need AP & SP returned to NZ, so they can be claimed on Aeroplan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry

I have made a tactical error in that I credited my wife's March NZ flights to her newly created NZ AP account thinking it would be better than accruing to AC's Aeroplan.
In hindsight looking at the AC travel she has done since March and more AC travel booked for June/July, she will have a decent shot at making AC 50K which gives *G.

In order to achieve this I need to have her March AP returned to NZ so that I can then have Aeroplan claim them.

Has anyone had any success getting this done and what does one ask for? Is there a technical or industry name for the request?

TIA
Old May 1, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I have never once heard of anybody ever being successful trying to do this, and I'd be very surprised if there was any sort of BAU process to do this. I can't see why any airline would be willing to do this.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
I've done it, just ask the airpoints team to return them and then contact Aeroplan to get them credited. Takes a few weeks but they'll do it usually if it was an honest mistake.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I've done this once, but in the opposite direction - I had to convince Aeroplan to reverse out a flight that was credited to them so I could credit it to Airpoints. Took a bit of doing, but was successful in the end.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Thank you for the replies, I'll see what I can do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.