FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Expert flyer vs ANZ seat map (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1966273-expert-flyer-vs-anz-seat-map.html)

kiwifrequentflyer Apr 27, 2019 9:17 am

I can't believe how ungrateful so many people sound in this thread. Thank you guys for taking the time to add this feature, it is much appreciated!

Eltham Apr 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer (Post 31042608)
I can't believe how ungrateful so many people sound in this thread. Thank you guys for taking the time to add this feature, it is much appreciated!

Some of us are paying for a service and not receiving it. Ungrateful doesn’t come into it. It’s about (lack of) professionalism and poor customer communication.

NZbutterfly Apr 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by drajknox (Post 31041966)
....Interestingly when available C class on the same flight connecting to a business class CX HKG-TPE flight was approx $1060 cheaper than the same flight in C class ending in HKG - presumably NZ trying to maximise revenue with HKG terminating customers who with less aggressive competitive pricing would pay more but to fill business were at times happy to sell connecting business fares to compete with significantly cheaper business class direct fares AKL-TPE on China Airlines.

Not too uncommon. There are sites that discuss these tricks/observations. If you add on a leg to itineraries it sometimes works out cheaper and those flying hand luggage only throw away the last leg. Not supposed to be done but people do this. If you fly Qantas business domestic Perth to Melbourne it's nzd2446. If you buy Perth to Melbourne to Auckland price drops to nzd1526.

Sometimes a return ticket is cheaper than a one way so people buy the return and don't use it.

kiwifrequentflyer Apr 28, 2019 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Eltham (Post 31043484)

Some of us are paying for a service and not receiving it. Ungrateful doesn’t come into it. It’s about (lack of) professionalism and poor customer communication.

If you have been paying for it without these features then you bought it regardless. These are new features you didn't pay for and it's nice they added them for such a niche airline and talked directly to us.

Eltham Apr 28, 2019 4:16 am

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer (Post 31044745)
If you have been paying for it without these features then you bought it regardless. These are new features you didn't pay for and it's nice they added them for such a niche airline and talked directly to us.

I don’t think you understand much about business, customer service or professionalism. Anyway, glad all’s well in your world.

kiwifrequentflyer Apr 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eltham (Post 31044860)

I don’t think you understand much about business, customer service or professionalism. Anyway, glad all’s well in your world.

Haha. What a snarky comment. Unfortunately this forum is one of the most ridiculous to make such a comment because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to afford my business class seats.

Eltham Apr 28, 2019 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer (Post 31046002)
Haha. What a snarky comment. Unfortunately this forum is one of the most ridiculous to make such a comment because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to afford my business class seats.

You pay for business class seats?

kiwifrequentflyer Apr 28, 2019 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Eltham (Post 31046210)

You pay for business class seats?

Yes... When I can't find ways to get upgrades that is, haha.

mad_atta May 2, 2019 5:07 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice (Post 31035747)
You can put any FF# for any airline you want. That's why the NZ line has 2 fields, one for the FF# and the other for the airline of the FF program. Same as all the other airlines that support FF numbers for seat maps listed on that page.

This is a great feature - thank you for adding ^

Ellice May 7, 2019 2:52 pm

Helpful discussion, I wasn’t even aware of the preferences page on EF. will give it a go linking my Airpoints number today.