FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Expert flyer vs ANZ seat map (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1966273-expert-flyer-vs-anz-seat-map.html)

freemark Apr 21, 2019 1:20 am

Expert flyer vs ANZ seat map

Seat map (Y) on NZ website shows many empty seats, EF shows virtually nil all cabins. (NZ6 09/05)
Standard EF inaccuracy or a timing issue?
Dummy booking allows 6 seats (at least) in PE & BP.
I also would have thought more no-charge seats in Y available as NZG.
Should I be reasonably confident about RU’s going through?

Thai-Kiwi Apr 21, 2019 7:29 am

Originally Posted by freemark (Post 31021789)
Seat map (Y) on NZ website shows many empty seats, EF shows virtually nil all cabins. (NZ6 09/05)

EF cannot relaibly ‘see’ the premium section of NZ’s cabin - they always appear full on EF.

Dummy booking on NZ the best methid as you've done.

mad_atta Apr 21, 2019 8:49 am

This is a new phenomenon, in my experience at least. I found EF's seat maps for NZ were accurate until about a month ago. Hoping it's temporary...

libertyuk Apr 21, 2019 9:49 am

I've found EF never shows the Space + seat availability on A320s, and likewise never the exit row or FF priority rows in cabins. Dummy booking is the only way to know. By contrast, QF shows such seats as blocked, unless they are allocated.

NZ_Flyer Apr 21, 2019 1:54 pm

I personally never use EF for NZ seat map checks as NZ doesn’t allow EF to actually see blocked vs allocated vs FF searing accurately as others have mentioned. QF seat maps on EF on the the other hand are incredibly accurate even once the flight has been closed/committed by the airport teams.

ExpertFlyer Voice Apr 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by freemark (Post 31021789)

We accurately show the seat map as NZ returns it, the same seat map that all travel agents see. We can request the seat map with different class codes if need be. However since you haven't told us what to look for we don't see what the issue is as all the seat maps for that flight show plenty of available seats. If you email us a more detailed explanation of the seats that should be available but aren't that would be helpful.

bce1 Apr 21, 2019 11:21 pm

Good to see a company rep around.
Can you start asking NZ for R class then please? My sub lapsed when you stopped publishing those
Thats the one that would be really useful

Craig

WLGNZ Apr 21, 2019 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by bce1 (Post 31024231)
Good to see a company rep around.
Can you start asking NZ for R class then please? My sub lapsed when you stopped publishing those
Thats the one that would be really useful

Craig

+1
I also let my sub lapse for the same reason.

sbiddle Apr 22, 2019 2:44 am

Air NZ don't publish R glass in GDS so it's impossible to show it. Air NZ will never change this, but when they're happy to provide availability if you call I don't really see it being a big deal.

You can however see A class when it's available as a paid fare class.

freemark Apr 22, 2019 5:17 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice (Post 31024055)
We accurately show the seat map as NZ returns it, the same seat map that all travel agents see. We can request the seat map with different class codes if need be. However since you haven't told us what to look for we don't see what the issue is as all the seat maps for that flight show plenty of available seats. If you email us a more detailed explanation of the seats that should be available but aren't that would be helpful.

Thanks for a response. I must admit I’m no EF expert, and I’m looking on a mobile, but when I look at seat alert I get following on the cabins: Am I doing it all wrong?

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e775f21845.png
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ab81901d47.png
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...650d1859d1.png

findark Apr 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Pretty sure NZ often publishes seats with special restrictions (like elite-only seats) as "assigned" to the GDS so there is nothing that EF can do.

ExpertFlyer Voice Apr 22, 2019 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by freemark (Post 31024749)

Thanks for a response. I must admit I’m no EF expert, and I’m looking on a mobile, but when I look at seat alert I get following on the cabins: Am I doing it all wrong?

It would help if you told us which seats you thought shouldn't be Occupied. Please email us with details, thanks.

Thai-Kiwi Apr 23, 2019 3:40 am

8 Attachment(s)
@freemark were you trying to setup a 'seat alert' on EF? You simply posted the seat map? Alerts are a different process to simply viewing the map - but quite easy to do and very useful.

@ExpertFlyer Voice I am a 10 year+ Premium subscriber. First, thanks!
Second, the NZ domestic seat map forward cabin is usually showing completely blocked...

See the attached example flying AKL-WLG 29 Apr. As a *Gold status I can see the forward cabin availability, but this is blocked off to non *Golds and to ExpertFlyer. Specifically, I can see 01C, 03F, 05C, and 06D are unoccupied. EF shows these as occupied.

Could you gain access the 'actually available' seat map if the *Gold status is reflected in the EF profile? Or does NZ prevent access?

Cheers, TK

libertyuk Apr 23, 2019 11:07 am

Thai-Kiwi has ably illustrated exactly my issue. I have subscribed to EF for around eight years, and find it highly useful, but my issue is that with *G status (with NZ, although I know people with *G status with other programmes who have similar access) all of the seats set aside for frequent flyers with *G status are shown as occupied. This is different than QF, where such seats are shown as blocked (but I am aware that my status opens up availability of those). At the very least they should only be shown as blocked, but ideally if the EF membership with the *A programme number can access those frequent flyer seats, it would make use of Air NZ in EF much more useful.

ExpertFlyer Voice Apr 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by libertyuk (Post 31029359)
Thai-Kiwi has ably illustrated exactly my issue. I have subscribed to EF for around eight years, and find it highly useful, but my issue is that with *G status (with NZ, although I know people with *G status with other programmes who have similar access) all of the seats set aside for frequent flyers with *G status are shown as occupied. This is different than QF, where such seats are shown as blocked (but I am aware that my status opens up availability of those). At the very least they should only be shown as blocked, but ideally if the EF membership with the *A programme number can access those frequent flyer seats, it would make use of Air NZ in EF much more useful.

Then it would be helpful if one of you could email us directly with your account info and your NZ FF# so we can test if sending that in with the Seat Map search, as we do with other airlines, will show a different seat map.