Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA ticket NZ operated

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:40 am
Original Poster

UA ticket NZ operated

When flying from New Zealand to the states on a UA ticket but NZ metal, do the SP earned count towards Elite qualification for the portion that need to be earned on NZ flights? Also to calculate SP earn, for example AKL - IAH, do you use the booking class from the UA ticket and input into the calculator under Air New Zealand flights, as their is no option for AKL - IAH on the partner tab. Or will the booking class be different?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
You will earn APD/SP at the Air NZ rate which therefore counts towards your Elite qualification/requalification. You'll probably need to contact NZ to see what booking class the UA booking class maps to. That will then determine your APD/SP earn rate.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
This happened to me. UA booked but flying J NZ metal. Well I was I'm their budget economy fare class. At first when I rang Air NZ they told me that I would only earn what UA had put me down as. So I earned about 30 sp. I complained about it on here months later, and people told me to fight it. Rang up Air NZ and they told me it was a mistake and actually, regardless of UAs fare class, I should have been credited with J SP earn. And so I went from earning 30 SP to 300 SP.

So yes, you will need to check so that you can ensure you get the SP that you are owed, and yes its Air NZ metal so counts towards elite.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Yeah, watch out for Polaris which UA calls booking class P. On NZ, P is "Deep Discount Economy" (Grabaseat) so you will get screwed unless you contact them.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: NZ*E
thanks for this post. I wonder about the same thing.
I am needing a booking to IAD and find a lot more combinations on UA's website compared to NZ's.
Not sure if the earn rates would be the same if I book on UA's ticket, travelling on either UA or NZ metal.

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.