Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Fares rising over time - when do they peak

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fares rising over time - when do they peak

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:18 pm

I know this isn't particularly helpful, but I booked AKL - IAH return in August last weekend for $899 return direct on Air NZ through Helloworld, deals do happen, but even Air NZ didn't have this pricing
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Subwaynz
I know this isn't particularly helpful, but I booked AKL - IAH return in August last weekend for $899 return direct on Air NZ through Helloworld, deals do happen, but even Air NZ didn't have this pricing
It's not so much that they don't have the pricing.. they still run travel agent only promos that typically rely on specific booking classes. Those booking classes simply aren't visible to the online booking engine.

If you know the booking class and availability there is typically nothing stopping a NZ CSR from booking that fare, with of course a call centre fee on top
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

I also booked To CVG via IAH on airnz for $2200 on the weekend.
Then yesterday, due to the new USA deals the same fare is now $1850!
Timing is tricky sometimes with fares up and down quite suddenly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.