Community
Wiki Posts
Search

itinerary not available on NZ site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by smanch
It's 20 Mar, not 20 Feb. I think UA doesn't have an ORD-BWI at the same time the following month.
Oh, my bad - yeah looks like calling NZ is your best bet.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
Originally Posted by samyoull
Oh, my bad - yeah looks like calling NZ is your best bet.
Yea, I think I'll give them a try...
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:34 pm

Not OP, but didn't want to create a different thread for a separate issue. I have noticed that out of NPL Air New Zealand's website shows very few of the possible connecting flights to domestic locations. They do show up if you force them using the multicity tool. Up until a couple weeks ago Google Flights would also force them to show up as one itinerary. If you do the multicity tool, will they check your baggage to your final destination? Do you pay once or twice for the bag?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The multistop tool means your flights are still on a single PNR so baggage limits will apply right through and be checked right through.

If you purchase standalone tickets on separate PNRs you will need to individually check bags.

I suspect some of the issue is probably around married sectors which is reducing options in many cases.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:45 pm

When flying with no checked baggage, is there any disadvantage in booking separate sectors (as per the issue above)? I often do this booking to Aus from a regional city for maximum flexibility e.g. using Airpoints fully on some sectors, also to set a 2 hour+ stopover in Auckland to play safe.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by EdFly
When flying with no checked baggage, is there any disadvantage in booking separate sectors
Yes. Absolutely zero support from the airline in case of a disrupt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.