Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat map seats held?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Seat map seats held?

i have an economy trip coming up on 1/7 AKL-SFO and I’m thinking about upgrading to premium economy. The map shows only two middle seats as selectable but lots of other seats as unoccupied. I called and they said those are the only seats available and the cabin is full other than 2 seats. Are those other unoccupied seats just being held? How do I get one of those?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:52 am

AirNZ reserves seats for Airport Control. These are for use at the airport, wheelchair pax, etc then they will just be allocated.

Also July is ages away so I would keep an eye on it from time to time as people might change flights etc which will open seats.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:07 am

Assuming you might be using American date format...and flight is 7th Jan...there are indeed only 2 seats left (according to expert flyer). The airport control seats often release a couple of days out from departure (haven’t worked out exactly when around 48hrs) but they can open up already allocated due to the reasons mentioned above. So really - you’re just going to have to get lucky.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Haha yes American date format - should have known better 😊 that makes sense. Maybe better not to risk it.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@worldcurious

Also discussed here on Nov 10 2018

Blocked Biz seats 4+5 A on 787-900

And here on March 15 2018

Release of Blocked Seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.