Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Koru Club Access with United Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Koru Club Access with United Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:38 am

Reckon the Auckland Air NZ lounge is more economy than business when you compare it to the likes of Cathay and Emirates. Not often you see kids running wild and another point is nearly every world class airline includes food and luggage ( even Virgin is going to). So yes maybe Auckland is economy lounge - just look at food they serve compared to real J lounges., better food and quiet at Burger King than lounge.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:17 am

Worldwide - Air Canada Maple Leaf Club

This link shows that at least the Canadians have access to NZ lounges with membership. I also know for a fact United does to. In the late 90s I was a member with them and used the NZ and other star lounges all the time
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Where specifically does it say that? I can't see any reference anywhere that says that and spent a long time today (ironically in a UA lounge!) looking for something that says this.
Visit the StarAlliance Lounge Finder. Specify that you're flying Economy, on United, from Auckland, with MileagePlus Silver and United Club membership. The lounges it specifically says you have access to are Air New Zealand Domestic and Air New Zealand International. So yes, paid UA and AC customers have access to NZ lounges, no matter what the dragons and pedants say.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Lufthansa has business lounges: Business, Senator, and First -- 3 levels of lounges. And of course, Senator is the lounge that corresponds to star alliance gold.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:30 am

Just in case anyone is still interested

I've checked with AirNZ via their help form and they said, "Kia ora Chris,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding accessing Air New Zealand lounges.

As an Air Canada Maple Leaf Club member, access to our lounges for you and 1 guest is permitted, when travelling on any same-day Star Alliance operated flight and holding a boarding pass for it. All access is subject to availability of space on the day.

I trust that the above information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Service and Support – Email
Air New Zealand"

Hope this is useful to someone in the future.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
@wafernz - welcome to FT and nice to make a contribution first up
debh likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
@wafernz - welcome to FT and nice to make a contribution first up
Thanks! Long time browser, first time poster. Appreciate the work of everyone on the forum.

Thought I'd double check with AirNZ as I'm considering purchasing the membership later in the year (won't make gold again). Definitely an option as they seem to routinely have 10 percent off the price too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.