Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No room in Auckland Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:35 pm

The Wellington regional lounge is a regional lounge don't think they have ever had bubble.

I saw bubbles in AKL Intl at 9am ish at the start of April
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:22 pm

O/T But this would be more of an issue to me if the “bubbles” weren’t that disgusting dulcet crap. You would have thought they could have put something decent behind the bar.

But it was available to the two cackling passengers gleefully opening it at about 8am last week at AKL International.
Fliar and libertyuk like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Auckland international had plenty of bubbles on hand Friday 19th at 7.30 am .....
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
I thought it was a condition of exiting NZ that you had to upload an obligatory bubbles, boarding pass and passport photo to social media, from the Koru lounge?

On a serious note, both cider and Dulcet were in AKL domestic mid-morning this month.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:58 pm

Location: Wellington/Dunedin/Auckland/Africa/Pacific Islands/Geneva
Programs: NZ*E
Cider and dulcet both available in Auckland domestic right now.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by brenrox
I thought it was a condition of exiting NZ that you had to upload an obligatory bubbles, boarding pass and passport photo to social media, from the Koru lounge?

...and get burgled whilst away. Stupid idea. I smile when I see this repeated

On a serious note, both cider and Dulcet were in AKL domestic mid-morning this month.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:26 pm

I'm always amazed how much silver paint they have left on the embossing on their passport.
kiwicanuck likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: some
Dulcet is Dulcet-gusting
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Fliar
Dulcet is Dulcet-gusting
As a bit of a champagne snob myself I don't totally gree.

Served chilled in a good glass it's a perfectly drinkable bubbly.

The problem is when it's served warm in a plastic cup (like most people would experience it on a plane) it is utterly disgusting.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: VA Gold, Aegean *G, QF, SQ...etc
weird, I was in AKL on Tuesday last week at 2pm, no bubbles. WLG domestic did have bubbles when I went through at Xmas. Who knows...just unlucky I guess
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:22 am

Location: Wellington/Dunedin/Auckland/Africa/Pacific Islands/Geneva
Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by Placebogirl
weird, I was in AKL on Tuesday last week at 2pm, no bubbles. WLG domestic did have bubbles when I went through at Xmas. Who knows...just unlucky I guess
that is very odd, I’ve never not seen it. Did you check out both fridges including the far one near the barista?
Old May 5, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit
The Wellington regional lounge is a regional lounge don't think they have ever had bubble.

I saw bubbles in AKL Intl at 9am ish at the start of April
I'm in WLG regional now and it reminded me to reply as I'd forgotten after all my flights in recent weeks. I've never seen a day with no Dulcet in WLG Regional - there is a whole shelf in the fridge and two whole shelves of champagne flutes.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:11 pm

That drives me nuts. Also is it not like a total invite for someone to now go and rob their house???
Tag1987 likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
As a bit of a champagne snob myself I don't totally gree.

Served chilled in a good glass it's a perfectly drinkable bubbly.

The problem is when it's served warm in a plastic cup (like most people would experience it on a plane) it is utterly disgusting.
I think you’re being too kind. It’s the Yellow Tail of NZ. We have a sparkling wine in Aus called Omni (vomit) it just reminds me of that. It may as well be Lindauer. It’s certainly not Champagne and I don’t understand how people guzzle it like L&P first thing in the morning on an outbound flight. Can’t even use “time zones” as an excuse. Blows. My. Mind.

I think what’s annoying from a FF perspective is that most airlines stock a sparkling that retails for $60-$100 a bottle in an international lounge...not $25. NZ do get the beer selection right though - really enjoy the NZ beers they select and seem to rotate once or twice a year.
sbiddle likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:28 pm

I have seen ads for champagne breakfast. Some of the nicer hotels in Europe offer complimentary Prosecco or Cremant as part of their breakfast.

When sparkling was missing but still wines was available on the morning at AKL international and deduced it to be a cost cutting measure.

As bad as Dulcet taste to some of you, it is methode traditionalle, hopefully going through some secondary fermentation process. Dulcet is better than at least half the non-Champagne sparkling out there.

Champagne is of course better.

Lindauer would be the Yellow Tail of NZ.

Last edited by poopbunny; May 9, 2019 at 5:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.