Wiki Posts
Search

Changing product type on VA codeshare

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Changing product type on VA codeshare

I've had the need to add a bag to a NZ seat only ticket on VA metal this weekend. I'm aware of people who have had plenty of troubles a long time ago with this because it doesn't update in the VA system when you do a product type change in the NZ system.

Has anybody done this recently and had issues convincing check-in staff you've legitimately added a bag?

And before anybody starts "why are you flying VA", unfortunately from WLG it's the only option when flying to BNE.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
I've had luck when presenting the updated e-ticket, when they makes the staff look again on another system and they find it.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I've had luck when presenting the updated e-ticket, when they makes the staff look again on another system and they find it.
Cheers.. I was hoping it would be as simple as this. There is just so much broken with the TT alliance which is merely a marriage of convenience for VA and NZ and that simply delivers a subpar customer experience for passengers.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Cheers.. I was hoping it would be as simple as this. There is just so much broken with the TT alliance which is merely a marriage of convenience for VA and NZ and that simply delivers a subpar customer experience for passengers.
Once the A321NEO comes online, wouldn't be shocked to see the TT Alliance come to and end, the A321NEO would sure help replace some of the seats lost from VA flights.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Once the A321NEO comes online, wouldn't be shocked to see the TT Alliance come to and end, the A321NEO would sure help replace some of the seats lost from VA flights.
They aren't increasing the number of planes, sure more seats with the A321. But will they have the planes to pick up WLG-BNE for example? Also if they dropped the TT would they still have the easy Domestic access in Aussie?

If drop VA Domestic, ppl might just move to QF as simpler TT to Aussie Domestic.
Old May 31, 2017, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

It's a marriage of convenience for both airlines. Despite the spat between the two I've heard nothing to suggest it will be ending anytime soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.