Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newly Opened Melbourne Air NZ Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 9:38 pm

My experiences over the last year in SYD BNE and AKL is that the NZ lounge is always full with no empty seats. Some might say, why should MEL be any different?
Old May 14, 2017, 12:39 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
There are times when there are no guests allowed due to lounge crowding.

Originally Posted by libertyuk
Yes, NZ ditched first class long ago, but if you are a high-value customer flying TT and beyond, the simple point is that QF does offer (SYD and MEL) its first class lounges which are a leap above anything NZ has. Of course at AKL QF's lounges are subpar, but once they are replaced with a HKG/SIN style one, it will make a difference.
FWIW QF F lounges also can be crowded and I have experienced QF F SYD lounge having no available seats. I decamped to the business lounge.
Old May 14, 2017, 1:12 am

There are lounges for high value customers (EP1). You're just not high value enough to Air NZ.
Old May 14, 2017, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, One World
Hear you there.

Not sure I will ever hit that, fly less to Europe than I used too.

Be interesting to get an insight into some of the strategic thinking of Air NZ to Elites Etc

Originally Posted by codyc1515
There are lounges for high value customers (EP1). You're just not high value enough to Air NZ.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by codyc1515
Interestingly Australian Business Traveller records that there is no EP1 lounge in the new Melbourne lounge.
https://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zea...bourne-airport
Old May 15, 2017, 4:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Whafe
Hear you there.

Not sure I will ever hit that, fly less to Europe than I used too.

Be interesting to get an insight into some of the strategic thinking of Air NZ to Elites Etc
EP1 isn't earned by flying lots. It is about being influential (e.g. CEO/travel manager of a company with lots of travel, All Blacks, senior politician, etc.).
Old May 15, 2017, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
EP1 isn't earned by flying lots. It is about being influential (e.g. CEO/travel manager of a company with lots of travel, All Blacks, senior politician, etc.).
My understanding was politicians don't get it as they don't drive travel policy of govt departments and seeing by invite could be seen as gift which is a no no as gifts govt workers can't receive gifts in most circumstances. I would be very surprised if any All Blacks have EP1 as they would drive very little spend. Rugby flies AirNZ due to sponsorship not giving All Blacks EP1.

QANTAS on the other hand gives CL to politicians, sports and celebs.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I know two people with EP1. Both would be in the position because of a combination of spend and being "influential".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.