Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand - Premium Economy, is it worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air New Zealand - Premium Economy, is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
How many 77W refits are now in service?
Old May 27, 2017, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
How many 77W refits are now in service?
I'm pretty sure only one has been completed (ZK-OKM), but ZK-OKO is current "in the shop". She flew to SIN on 14 May, so would assume it'll be done by around mid-June. I think they're allowing 4 weeks per plane.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by AviationNZ
I'm pretty sure only one has been completed (ZK-OKM), but ZK-OKO is current "in the shop". She flew to SIN on 14 May, so would assume it'll be done by around mid-June. I think they're allowing 4 weeks per plane.
It was ZK-OKN refurbished which I flew on 19/5
Old May 27, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
OKM and OKN are complete, OKO is currently in SIN
Old May 27, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sbiddle
OKM and OKN are complete, OKO is currently in SIN
I was on OKM last night and it was a bit of a shambles...it felt like the refit crew lost the crucial last day where they go through and tighten everything up. Stuff rattling loose all over the place. IFE also needed a full reboot. "Teething pains" I guess
Old May 27, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by drajknox
Yes I had one flight last week which we oneuped and after bids couldn't be changed noticed there was a change to refurbed 773.
I paid for mine as it was cheap but in future I think I'll put in for upgrades the day before so I can check the seat map. The PE cabin looked massive which I disliked compared to the space seats or the smaller 789 PE.

It was ZK-OKN refurbished which I flew on 19/5
Originally Posted by Fast6
I was on OKM last night and it was a bit of a shambles...it felt like the refit crew lost the crucial last day where they go through and tighten everything up. Stuff rattling loose all over the place. IFE also needed a full reboot. "Teething pains" I guess
Can't believe you guys look at the rego's before you fly! I've seen them but I'm like - there's the black plane, there's the hobbit planes, there's the white ones etc.... Actually I've not seen the hobbits for quite a while.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I paid for mine as it was cheap but in future I think I'll put in for upgrades the day before so I can check the seat map. The PE cabin looked massive which I disliked compared to the space seats or the smaller 789 PE.
Ideally they should have moved the PE Galley and LAV's to halfway along the PE cabin. Which would have split it into two cabins of approximately 27 people.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Rather OT but when I last flew in one in Feb the crew seemed excited they were apparently going to get water in the PE galley with the refit. They had none previously.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Flew OKM the other night. Second long haul in the zodiac and has just reaffirmed to me the new PE sucks for solo travelers.

For me, I do now find the zodiac seat a bit more comfortable. But the Space seat wins hands down for the sense of privacy and personal space. The loss of that, along with the ability to exit a seat without disturbing or being disturbed (thanks to the new layout) - is disappointing.

Lines for the bathrooms are also terrible.

While PE is still a vastly superior product to economy, the value I place on it is now less than before.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by yotty
While PE is still a vastly superior product to economy, the value I place on it is now less than before.
+1 (x2 myself and my wife)
Old May 27, 2017, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Ideally they should have moved the PE Galley and LAV's to halfway along the PE cabin. Which would have split it into two cabins of approximately 27 people.
That wouldn't work. Really need to have a Galley at a door so can unload/load the carts in a timely manner. Plus the door sets up some dead space so on a wide body in the middle is a good place to put a galley in the centre. plus guess regulations say have to walk between L and R door without seats in way.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
That wouldn't work. Really need to have a Galley at a door so can unload/load the carts in a timely manner. Plus the door sets up some dead space so on a wide body in the middle is a good place to put a galley in the centre. plus guess regulations say have to walk between L and R door without seats in way.
The 77W Galley is at 3L/R which are over wing on the 77W, trolleys are wheeled up to 2R for ground serving.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Can't believe you guys look at the rego's before you fly! I've seen them but I'm like - there's the black plane, there's the hobbit planes, there's the white ones etc.... Actually I've not seen the hobbits for quite a while.
I don't! I just make note sometime during the flight
Old May 28, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
+1 (x2 myself and my wife)
+1
Old May 28, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Flew OKM the other night. Second long haul in the zodiac and has just reaffirmed to me the new PE sucks for solo travelers.
As a single man, I've previously expressed my displeasure at all the holiday promotions that advertise "per person double occupancy" - excuse me, but what is it for a single traveler?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.