Wiki Posts
Search

Late night phone service!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Late night phone service!

Currently been hold for at-least 25minutes, with entering my Koru Number. Through there was meant to be an priority service?

Not impressed when you wake up to the message on your phone that flight is now 9 hours delayed.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:32 am

Yes, this is pretty common. I made a thread on here a weeks ago about this. Everyone and their dog chimed in to say this doesn't happen but of interest is that you are also Koru. I wonder if the priority queue is only awarded to *G and *E.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by codyc1515
Yes, this is pretty common. I made a thread on here a weeks ago about this. Everyone and their dog chimed in to say this doesn't happen but of interest is that you are also Koru. I wonder if the priority queue is only awarded to *G and *E.
It used to an benefit, and think was published.

Even though you think an 9hour delay would also to be an reason to get some priority.

At this rate, think it might be fast to rock up to Check-in a couple of hours and see if they will offer an flight change.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Anyone else noticed one of the song lyrics is "Stay on the line..."
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Never had hold times of more than a minute 1-5am NZT, although not Koru so that might make a difference (often calling from the US and Europe)
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Reduced staffing levels due to the summer holidays combined with increased travel due to the summer holidays would be my guess.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I think Air NZ is starting to reduce the benefits, as Elite my last call was about 3 weeks ago and was "answered within the next 60 seconds" in verbatim. This was also in conjunction with higher than expected call demand. So perhaps Gold tiers might share Theirs?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
People do need to remember the call was at midnight. One assumes like every company that provides 24/7 call centres that are NZ based that staffing numbers during the middle of the night are going to be minimal.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
People do need to remember the call was at midnight. One assumes like every company that provides 24/7 call centres that are NZ based that staffing numbers during the middle of the night are going to be minimal.
Isn't Auckland the final call centre for NZ? So surely wouldn't be supper understaffed as they would have other markets in other time zones?

If they are going to delay an flight at Midnight, by 9hours maybe they need to allow to choose from other options online.

After an hour of being on the phone, got an great solution via SYD
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:12 pm

As an alternative, NZ should really be working on solutions so that we don't have to call their contact centre. It should really be a last resort option only. Most things can be done online but notably not making changes to your flight in the event of a delay, even if its only a 5 minute delay which is a waste of both mine and Air NZ's time.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
As an alternative, NZ should really be working on solutions so that we don't have to call their contact centre. It should really be a last resort option only. Most things can be done online but notably not making changes to your flight in the event of a delay, even if its only a 5 minute delay which is a waste of both mine and Air NZ's time.
Agreed, I'm a big fan of UA's app and their handling of IRROPS situations.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Also better communication of when things do go wrong, e.g. could the app display an reason for the delay e.g. late inbound aircraft which caused an 9hour delay.

Last Night in the BNE, they didn't annouce the delays until pretty much after the flights we're meant to be left. Then they gave the wrong information e.g. the runway wasn't closed, it was more there was an ground stop with the thunder storm.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:46 pm
Suspended

I don't see how knowing the reason for the delay makes any difference - you simply need to know the length of the delay and the revised departure time.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:14 pm

Well sometimes even the cabin crew don't know about delays. E.g. one time FlightAware app popped up saying the departure time was being pushed out 15min, while plane was boarding and I was sitting on the plane. Ask the crew what was up and they were totally unaware of delay. The pilot came on five min later saying they were changing a wheel. So they had filed a new flight plan yet they hadn't told the cabin crew the issue.

As knowing the reasoning it would be nice to know as that way can make a judgement as if it is likely to be an accurate number or if they are just going to keep saying 15mins every 15mins.

It would be nice if the AirNZ app could display the tail number or inbound flight, so could look it up on flight aware or flight radar to see where the plane is quickly without having to dig around to find that info out.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrOscarh
I don't see how knowing the reason for the delay makes any difference - you simply need to know the length of the delay and the revised departure time.
When you get an alert of your phone saying your flight is 9hour delayed, I'm sure you would want to know why and who is at fault?

Originally Posted by nzkarit
As knowing the reasoning it would be nice to know as that way can make a judgement as if it is likely to be an accurate number or if they are just going to keep saying 15mins every 15mins.
Agree'd it also helps you know if worth trying to change flights or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.