Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit at AKL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Transit at AKL

We are arriving in AKL from NRT for a 60 minute connection to PPT. Do we have to clear immi/customs or are we inside a dedicated transit area?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
As long as your bags are through checked to PPT (definitely will be if on a single ticket, may not be if flying on 2 separate tickets) then you just need to clear transfer security (takes just a couple of minutes).

If you have bags checked through only to AKL then you probably won't make the onward flight unless NRT-AKL arrives very early. In this case you do need to clear immigration and customs and check in for the PPT flight (all before that flight closes for check in).
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

It's one ticket and I am pretty sure the luggage will be checked through to it's final destination PPT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.