Search

Space plus seats open for non-NZ *G?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Space plus seats open for non-NZ *G?

Hi there.

Has anyone noticed whether Space plus seats open up if you add a non-NZ *G number to your booking?

In my experience few agents and even supervisors have a clue of the rules for non-NZ *G. For example, I've asked about extra cabin-baggage for non-NZ *G and they deny that it is or ever has ever been a benefit. Even after I direct them to the website which notes it is a *G benefit.
Old May 22, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
If anybody with status books flights with other passengers on the same booking you'll all get to select frequent flyer/space plus seating or whatever they're calling it this week.

Extra cabin baggage is only a benefit for the passenger with status, nobody else.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
It's not un-comon for space+ to be 100% full on certain fights couple months out. They tend to open up an couple more seats at the 72-48hr mark
Old May 22, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
Hi there.

Has anyone noticed whether Space plus seats open up if you add a non-NZ *G number to your booking?

In my experience few agents and even supervisors have a clue of the rules for non-NZ *G. For example, I've asked about extra cabin-baggage for non-NZ *G and they deny that it is or ever has ever been a benefit. Even after I direct them to the website which notes it is a *G benefit.
I was pretty sure that space+ was open to non-NZ*G, just like united's economy plus is not available to NZ*G's etc.
Old May 23, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hi there.

My TG*G gave me full access to space+ if entered as my ff number.

I agree that NZ staff are not so well informed on non-NZ *G matters.
Old May 23, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
It's definitely available to all *G, not just NZ Gold.
Old May 23, 2014, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Interesting... I was also told by an agent and manager that if you make an award booking using Airpoints you are not allowed to add/change to another FF# to gain *G benefits...

But where is this in the T&Cs?! It seems to me NZ likes to ignore *A agreements as much as they can to make or save a buck...
Old May 23, 2014, 6:21 pm

Interesting... I was also told by an agent and manager that if you make an award booking using Airpoints you are not allowed to add/change to another FF# to gain *G benefits...

But where is this in the T&Cs?! It seems to me NZ likes to ignore *A agreements as much as they can to make or save a buck...
*G have access to space+ seats, last Dec I even had a friend (not on the same PNR seated next to me on space+ both domestically and short haul international)

agents can manually override the system, they just need to have approval from a supervisor.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
*G have access to space+ seats, last Dec I even had a friend (not on the same PNR seated next to me on space+ both domestically and short haul international)

agents can manually override the system, they just need to have approval from a supervisor.
In your experience does it matter whether you enter that *G number in the FQTV or FQTS field?

I've called twice and supervisors say they aren't allowed to add a non-NZ *G number to an Airpoints award ticket, but only to revenue tickets. Although I have had this done in the past with award tickets. Might be a new internal rule and not a published policy.

I'll keep trying...
Old May 23, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
The *G number would have to be in the FQTS field - the FQTV field determines which FFP is getting credited with points/miles. The FQTS determines the status benefits, including preferential seating.

But don't start talking about FQTV/FQTS with agents - most do not understand this terminology. Refer instead to accrual (FQTV) and non-accrual or status fields (FQTS).
Old May 23, 2014, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
In your experience does it matter whether you enter that *G number in the FQTV or FQTS field?

I've called twice and supervisors say they aren't allowed to add a non-NZ *G number to an Airpoints award ticket, but only to revenue tickets. Although I have had this done in the past with award tickets. Might be a new internal rule and not a published policy.

I'll keep trying...
Outrageous if such an internal policy is in place.....

I wonder if there is some kind of internal distinction between award seats on NZ sold by other *A partners, vs award seats on NZ sold by NZ within the Airpoints system. Not that it should matter of course....
Old May 23, 2014, 11:15 pm

I'll keep trying...
FQTS (status) I asked them to input my TK*G
FQTV (earning) I had air nz

The agents are able to run and verify whether you are a *G with another airline, if so, they can manually select space+ seats.

I would suggest email them in writing might have better chance to get a more experience agent.

Last edited by zqsn5678; May 24, 2014 at 6:09 pm
Old May 24, 2014, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

FQTS (earning) I had air nz

The agents are able to run and verify whether you are a *G with another airline, if so, they can manually select space+ seats.

I would suggest email them in writing might have better chance to get a more experience agent.
Hi. Good advice. What email should I address it to?

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2014, 5:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
FQTS (earning) I had air nz

It is FQTV for earning.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold

I'll keep trying...
This can definitely be over-ridden with manual intervention. Just had a SQ-Issued Award ticket changed over to my LH*G - which opened up a ton of seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.