Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Trans-Tasman ticket inclusions on multi-stop booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold

I buried this question elsewhere on an unrelated thread and got no response, so I figured it was worth starting a new thread to ask it properly.

I'm currently trying to book BHE-WLG-SYD tickets using the multi-stop tool, as it's cheaper than booking BHE-WLG and WLG-SYD separately. However, I do find it annoying that I can't be clear on what is and isn't included, as it doesn't show any of the Seats to Suit categories (i.e. Seat only, Seat + Bag etc).

When doing a dummy booking, it shows the fare type as 'Tasman Smart Saver', fare basis as V, and service class as 'Economy'. In the fare conditions it says that one piece of baggage is included, so it's obviously at least a 'Seat+bag' fare, but is there any way to tell whether it is actually 'Works' rather than 'Seat+bag'?

I thought I had some recollection that if trans-Tasman flights show up on the booking as 'economy' that it means they are in works, rather than using the seats to suit product style. Can anyone confirm that? If so, then that's a useful extra bit of value (for those like me who enjoy a drink or two inflight, anyway...!).

Yours in anticipation and inebriation (well, anticipated inebriation would probably be more accurate...),
mad_atta
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mad_atta
I buried this question elsewhere on an unrelated thread and got no response, so I figured it was worth starting a new thread to ask it properly.

I'm currently trying to book BHE-WLG-SYD tickets using the multi-stop tool, as it's cheaper than booking BHE-WLG and WLG-SYD separately. However, I do find it annoying that I can't be clear on what is and isn't included, as it doesn't show any of the Seats to Suit categories (i.e. Seat only, Seat + Bag etc).

When doing a dummy booking, it shows the fare type as 'Tasman Smart Saver', fare basis as V, and service class as 'Economy'. In the fare conditions it says that one piece of baggage is included, so it's obviously at least a 'Seat+bag' fare, but is there any way to tell whether it is actually 'Works' rather than 'Seat+bag'?

I thought I had some recollection that if trans-Tasman flights show up on the booking as 'economy' that it means they are in works, rather than using the seats to suit product style. Can anyone confirm that? If so, then that's a useful extra bit of value (for those like me who enjoy a drink or two inflight, anyway...!).

Yours in anticipation and inebriation (well, anticipated inebriation would probably be more accurate...),
mad_atta
Multi stop is booked as the works. If you want seat or seat+bag you'll need to book it over the phone or a travel agent. If you book it over the phone it's worth trying to haggle over the service charge, you may get an agent in a good mood who will waive it since it can't be booked online.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I thought that might be the case. Thanks, sbiddle!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Can't believe that bug still hasn't been fixed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.