Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I thought preferred seating arrangment was open to *G as well but you would need to book Works. Seat only or Seat + Bag does not entitle you to preferred seating even if it's full Y class.
No Works for domestic of course, did you mean Smart Saver and Flexi Plus?!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
No Works for domestic of course, did you mean Smart Saver and Flexi Plus?!
Yes, thank you. That's what I meant. Haven't travelled domestically for a long time now since moving to Australia.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by pbl22
Do *Gs get rows 1-12 opening up 2 or 3 days prior to flight?
Anybody know the answer to this?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by bevan7
Anybody know the answer to this?
All premium seating is supposed to be available for Koru/G/GE customers 48 hours out from departure. In practice however as a Koru member I've only been able to access emergency exit rows in my last 3 return trips rather than any of the space+ seats. I prefer 1A to the space+ anyway so settled for that!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by sbiddle
All premium seating is supposed to be available for Koru/G/GE customers 48 hours out from departure. In practice however as a Koru member I've only been able to access emergency exit rows in my last 3 return trips rather than any of the space+ seats. I prefer 1A to the space+ anyway so settled for that!
The original question was whether *A Golds (not NZ*G - we know they do) get such access.

And, 1A is considered Space+, isn't it (on those jets with a 1A seat)?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: QF Gold, UA*G, AZ Freccia Alata - SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by NZ*Trout
I recall reading or being told that if you pay a Seat Select fee and apply a OneUp bid then the cost of the Seat Select will be taken into consideration when evaluating the bid. A quick search and I can't find mention of this anywhere, so it's possible that came from a conversation direct with Alastair Rhodes (Manager Direct Ancillary Revenue).

Of course given the designed opaqueness of the system there needn't be any correlation between what is said and what is done. No-one would be any the wiser.
From the Air NZ Seat Select FAQ's:

Can I submit a OneUp offer if I have bought paid Seat Select?

If you’ve purchased paid Seat Select you can still put in a OneUp offer. If you’re successful you won’t get a refund on your paid Seat Select, but the amount you have paid for paid Seat Select will be taken into account when we evaluate the OneUp offers.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:16 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The original question was whether *A Golds (not NZ*G - we know they do) get such access.

And, 1A is considered Space+, isn't it (on those jets with a 1A seat)?
1A and 1C are considered an exit row not space+ on the TT flights. They're sold as Works Deluxe seats (along with 1D and 1F, 2A and 2C and 2D and 2F) but if 1A and 1C aren't sold 48 hours prior as Works Deluxe they appear in Seat Select as an Exit Row seat which can be grabbed by anybody with status for free or $20 for anybody else.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:19 am

So does that mean *Gs on other airlines can claim those seats 48 hours before?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
1A and 1C are considered an exit row not space+ on the TT flights. They're sold as Works Deluxe seats (along with 1D and 1F, 2A and 2C and 2D and 2F) but if 1A and 1C aren't sold 48 hours prior as Works Deluxe they appear in Seat Select as an Exit Row seat which can be grabbed by anybody with status for free or $20 for anybody else.
The discussion was around domestic flights.
Old May 3, 2013, 6:07 pm

pay for exit row on award ticket

Hi, does anyone know if I can reserve 34b or J on the 777-300 on an award ticket? took this seat last year and real comfy, but would I have to be on a paid fare to be able to buy exit row?

a bit off the topic but can I bid on Premium economy seat on an award ticket?

Thanks.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I bought a cheapie SYD-WLG-SYD on sale a few weeks ago (NZ842 August 2nd, NZ849 August 5th). For the first time ever, I bought Seat Only, vs my more typical Works tickets. Does that affect what seats I am able to select as an NZ gold? I'm amazed by how few 'premium' seats are available, even at extra cost, and I'm not sure if that's due to the fact I booked seat only or if it's just the way things are now.

On NZ842, Expert Flyer shows almost no seats currently preallocated, but the only ones I can choose from are:
  • For free: row 20 or back
  • For $20: the exit rows, or 4D,5D,5E - how are these even 'priority' seats as they are not even Space+?
On the way back, it's a similar story - only exit rows plus rows 4 and 5 DEF. What sort of ticket would I need to be on in order to reserve the real Space+ seats on the left side of the cabin?

Of course it's all a moot point, as hopefully at T-48 I'll be able to hop online and snag a decent seat then, but I'm curious to know how the system is supposed to work.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by mad_atta
I bought a cheapie SYD-WLG-SYD on sale a few weeks ago (NZ842 August 2nd, NZ849 August 5th). For the first time ever, I bought Seat Only, vs my more typical Works tickets. Does that affect what seats I am able to select as an NZ gold? I'm amazed by how few 'premium' seats are available, even at extra cost, and I'm not sure if that's due to the fact I booked seat only or if it's just the way things are now.

On NZ842, Expert Flyer shows almost no seats currently preallocated, but the only ones I can choose from are:
  • For free: row 20 or back
  • For $20: the exit rows, or 4D,5D,5E - how are these even 'priority' seats as they are not even Space+?
On the way back, it's a similar story - only exit rows plus rows 4 and 5 DEF. What sort of ticket would I need to be on in order to reserve the real Space+ seats on the left side of the cabin?

Of course it's all a moot point, as hopefully at T-48 I'll be able to hop online and snag a decent seat then, but I'm curious to know how the system is supposed to work.
As previously mentioned as *G/*GE on seat or seat+bag you are unable to select seats in space+ unless you purchase the works product (i.e. status does not matter)

At T48 you will still not be able to obtain these seats (in my experience they have never opened up), in fact even at check in at SYD it will be difficult to get one (premium check-in at AKL or a NZ airport its been easier).
Old May 29, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Anyone else noticed that 1ABC on the Domesitc A320s becomes classed as Exit Rows? instead of Space+ looks like they have blocked the middle seat bothway tho
Old May 29, 2013, 7:24 pm

These have been exit seats for a while, no? Never seen the middle seat blocked, though - it's usually occupied unless the flight is relatively empty.
Old May 29, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
These have been exit seats for a while, no? Never seen the middle seat blocked, though - it's usually occupied unless the flight is relatively empty.
On all my other A320 bookings 1ABC is still classed as Space+, where as at T48 they seemed to get changed to Exit Row.

What makes me think that the middle seat is blocked, is both ways the the middle seat was empty before T48 but the aisle seat was taken. Now the middle seat is take and the ailse is empty, surely people wouldn't get moved to a middle seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.