Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Seats to Suit on AKLPPT / AKLHNL Nonstop Services- What's next

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seats to Suit on AKLPPT / AKLHNL Nonstop Services- What's next

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by usa18dca
I have to agree with you on this, I prefer the 767 AVOD but wish it was a lie flat seat instead of a recliner.
oh?? I thought there is no gate-to-gate AVOD on the 767 given it's a "pull out from armrest" TV, and that there are fewer choices on the 767 AVOD vs 777's?
Old May 22, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
You are correct there's no gate-to-gate on the 767 in business (but there is in economy), however the 767 IFE is newer and a different vendor (Panasonic vs. Rockwell-Collins) to the 772.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: AirNZ Koru
Originally Posted by ajnz
You are correct there's no gate-to-gate on the 767 in business (but there is in economy), however the 767 IFE is newer and a different vendor (Panasonic vs. Rockwell-Collins) to the 772.
However in terms of content, there are significantly less movies on offer on the 767 in comparison with 77Es.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Originally Posted by grabaflyer
However in terms of content, there are significantly less movies on offer on the 767 in comparison with 77Es.
That depends on whether you're on a primarily longhaul, or primarily shorthaul airframe. As far as I can tell, the former has the exact same programming as the 773. The latter has a tiny, tiny subset.

(And honestly, does this penny pinching really save that much given the requirement to maintain two media catalogues?)
Old May 23, 2012, 1:36 am

Another thing I was wondering was why is Kia Ora (Magazine) not put onboard for 767/777 but it is on the domestic flights or A320s? I've noticed this since January.
Old May 23, 2012, 1:59 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
So what's going to happen when they work out there aren't enough J seats on a 767 to accommodate all BP and PE pax off a 772...
Old May 23, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Another thing I was wondering was why is Kia Ora (Magazine) not put onboard for 767/777 but it is on the domestic flights or A320s? I've noticed this since January.
Kia Ora is held electronically on aircraft that have AVOD IFE. The domestic fleet does not so therefore they load Kia Ora in the seat pockets.
All this to reduce fuel consumption.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
So what's going to happen when they work out there aren't enough J seats on a 767 to accommodate all BP and PE pax off a 772...
Well presumably they down-gauged due to lousy loadings, and thus everything will fit.

On several occasions I had the first three rows of Y to myself on the 772, and the had the pleasure of sharing a 763 business cabin with only four or five others. It's been a highly variable route over the past few years.

For what it's worth, I actually prefer the AKL-NRT day flight in 763 business recliners to the 772. NRT-AKL obviously the 772 BP wins hands down.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I guess the NZ 767-300ER does not have the range to make PVG non-stop.
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Shanghai based crew are never trained to operate on a B767. Also I would think the freight the 777s carry is vital to this route.
Just checking a booking made last week to assign seats.

Shanghai has been downgraded and is now showing as being operated by the 767, checking the weekly schedule in March next year every day is operated with a 767 apart from Tues & Friday (PVG-AKL).

Big

How do Air NZ expect people to book with them when nobody knows what aircraft from one day to the next, the business product on the 767 with it's recliner seats is not acceptable for a flight of this length.
Old May 28, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver
NRT has been downgradedto 767 in Nov as well now, I don't know why I continue booking with this airline

I know Boeing screwed them with the 787 deliveries but they really should have updated the 767 cabin knowing they would be serving long haul routes like this.
Old May 28, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by oxfordjames
How do Air NZ expect people to book with them when nobody knows what aircraft from one day to the next, the business product on the 767 with it's recliner seats is not acceptable for a flight of this length.
Same way people book with UA, CX, SQ, QF, TG among others that operate varying business products and change aircraft on routes...
Old May 28, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: NZ*G and a couple of other Silvers.
Same way people book with UA, CX, SQ, QF, TG among others that operate varying business products and change aircraft on routes...
And EK, they have a wide variety of different configs on the 777 or at least they did, you never knew if you were going to get "deeply reclining" or lie-flat in business on any given flight.
Old May 28, 2012, 5:08 pm

Air NZ's scheduling is all over the place, you can't even say if you choose a flight on a Friday whether it will be a 767 or 777 because it changes every week, this is the PVG route I'm looking at.

TG is notorious for last minute changes, SQ, UA and QF are very good at not changing aircraft type once it's been scheduled on a route unless its for technical reasons, even if a mix of aircraft is used on a route at least the day and aircraft type don't change every single week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.