Search

No Miles, No Fly Air NZ (*brief rant*)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, OneWorld Sapphire
Air New Zealand is out

Originally Posted by Dodge City
Start rant.

Hey, Air NZ. We usually fly from the US to OZ on Qantas. For this trip (and future trips) we would like to fly Air NZ to earn miles on Star Alliance partner CO; however, Air NZ will not give full miles (or may not give any miles) for some or all of the flights. Therefore, even though we are willing to pay more for Air NZ than we would for QF, we will stay with QF. Your policy is a disincentive for us to fly Air NZ.

End rant.
Agreed. I am also based in the US and fly to Oceania from time to time. Air New Zealand currently has a great fare on LAX-RAR, but I will be flying Air Pacific LAX-NAN instead. Air New Zealand's L fare does not allow me to earn ff miles with United or any other Star partner. With Air Pacific's discounted fare I can earn AAdvantage miles. This pretty much sealed the deal for me, even with Air NZ's superior product in economy class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.