Search

Status qualification

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
Question Status qualification

Hi,

According to my calculations by late December (after the Auckland DO) I will be 45 status points short of Gold qualification.

My question is when do Air NZ calculate your status eligibility? Is it done on a nightly basis or at the end of the month? My guess is that 4 more flights will just do it (12 points x 4 = 48 status points), but I need to do this before late Jan when a big chunk gets dropped off. So Air NZ need to be checking on a daily basis otherwise this won't work.

Also, do flights on the same day count as individual flights (i.e. each having their own status points) or is there a catch there?

Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Your status gets checked daily.

A return flight on the same day counts as two flights, so 2 x 12 if you did a same-day return flight from NPE to AKL.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
Sweet.

Was thinking of doing a NPE-AKL return with a AKL-WLG all on the same day.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: QF Gold, UA*G, AZ Freccia Alata - SkyTeam Elite Plus
Yep, status gets checked daily. However, they only do sweeps twice a month (15th and 30th) to move people up a tier. I gained Gold on 02 Nov but myairnz is still showing me as Silver and that I need XX points to gain Gold (because points have expired since 02 Nov).

Edit: Just checked myairnz now, and it's now showing me as Gold. Checked this morning and was still Silver, so doesn't happen overnight or at any set time. Also, the flights I took between 02 Nov and today haven't counted towards *G requalification.

Last edited by lindsaygardiner; Nov 16, 2010 at 1:15 am
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:39 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by lindsaygardiner
Edit: Just checked myairnz now, and it's now showing me as Gold. Checked this morning and was still Silver, so doesn't happen overnight or at any set time. Also, the flights I took between 02 Nov and today haven't counted towards *G requalification.
They should qualify, but might not appear for a while. Last year I qualified for a new status on the 29th May but the status wasn't applied until 1 July. But from 1 July onwards, all my flights from 29 May then showed as counting for requalification (they weren't before 1 July).
Old Nov 16, 2010, 1:13 am

Programs: QF Gold, UA*G, AZ Freccia Alata - SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
They should qualify, but might not appear for a while. Last year I qualified for a new status on the 29th May but the status wasn't applied until 1 July. But from 1 July onwards, all my flights from 29 May then showed as counting for requalification (they weren't before 1 July).
Interesting. The box on myairnz says "earned since 14 Nov 2010" so not sure what will happen (flights were on 9th and 13th Nov). Guess it's another case of wait and see!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.