Search

AFKL check-in trouble

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Thumbs down AFKL check-in trouble

I thought I'd share this...

I made a reservation on AF using NW miles - a RT OTP-CDG for 2 in Y. The outbound flight is tomorrow. Today I kept trying to check in a with no luck. First I thought that maybe instead of <30 hours I should wait until I'm <24 hours, but that didn't do much. The AF site said there was an "unspecified error", while the KL site said that "the flight is not open for online check in". I called AF at OTP and they confirmed that my reservation was fine and that I should be able to check in, but had no idea why I couldn't. I persisted and it eventually worked on the AF site. Under personal information, the only option is to enter a FB#. Every OLCI I've done on the KL site allowed me to enter my WP# and immediately recognized my awesomeness as a Plat. Consequently, I wasn't able to select any of the premium seats and my ST Elite+ status does not appear on the BP. It's not a big deal - I'll get that fixed in the airport tomorrow, but I just thought it was very annoying that OLCI was such a pain, and then there's also this difference between AF and KL OLCI.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 9:09 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
In my personal experience, it is AF policy not to enter the FFP number for a boarding pass on an award flight. But things may have changed since.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by florin
I wasn't able to select any of the premium seats.
Not sure what you mean by "premium seats" on an A320 Europe.

Exit rows? Never available through OLCI anyway. Aisle seats? Not reserved to Elites. Note that AF2789 and AF2889 are Tarom metal, it could be the reason.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:01 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
Note that AF2789 and AF2889 are Tarom metal, it could be the reason.
True. You cannot OLCI to a flight operated by Tarom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.