Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification on FB EQM's (FB CS Was Not Sure)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Clarification on FB EQM's (FB CS Was Not Sure)

I'm flying to TLV on CO in full fare BusinessFirst (not sure if this is F Class or not) and was wondering if AF will credit me 150% or 100% towards EQM.

Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
150% on AF's flying blue card. As you appear to have a NW card check nwa.com for what you earn on continental.

[edit - af miles and more? weird edit]
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Originally Posted by hserus
150% on AF's flying blue card. As you appear to have a NW card check nwa.com for what you earn on continental.

[edit - af miles and more? weird edit]
As long as you're totally sure on the 150% EQM's I'm good. NWA is rapidly going down the tubes...and with them and CO, I can't take advantage of AF's F Class on mileage tickets or upgrades.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Well yeah - go to http://www.airfrance.us - then select Flying Blue -> Earning Miles from the menu.

Then select "With AIR FRANCE, KLM, Air Europa, Kenya Airways and SkyTeam airlines" and see for yourself.

Continental Airlines
Miles that you earn for a one-way ticket on a Continental Airlines flight:

Economy Business Comments

100 % of distance flown

150 % of distance flown

Miles earned : 500 Miles

This scale applies to booking classes A, B, C, D, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, Q, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hserus
Well yeah - go to http://www.airfrance.us - then select Flying Blue -> Earning Miles from the menu.

Then select "With AIR FRANCE, KLM, Air Europa, Kenya Airways and SkyTeam airlines" and see for yourself.

Continental Airlines
Miles that you earn for a one-way ticket on a Continental Airlines flight:

Economy Business Comments

100 % of distance flown

150 % of distance flown

Miles earned : 500 Miles

This scale applies to booking classes A, B, C, D, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, Q, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
Yeah, I saw that...however, that is just for miles earned, not EQM's. It was when I looked at the Elite Benefits=>Membership Thresholds section that it became extremely gray: "Level Miles are the Miles that count toward your threshold for Elite membership." When FB CS took a look at it, the rep said she was sure that I should only get the base miles towards EQM, but when she looked at the webpage and her rulebook, she said she was confused and to e-mail FB (which I did).

I know that most of the carriers are backed up with Summer travel and the response times are WAAAAAAY too long now (read: I'm flying pretty soon).

My main question was: Has anyone gotten EQM credit for the class of service bonuses?

Thanks hserus, for all your help.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:55 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by HUGE AL
Yeah, I saw that...however, that is just for miles earned, not EQM's. It was when I looked at the Elite Benefits=>Membership Thresholds section that it became extremely gray: "Level Miles are the Miles that count toward your threshold for Elite membership." When FB CS took a look at it, the rep said she was sure that I should only get the base miles towards EQM, but when she looked at the webpage and her rulebook, she said she was confused and to e-mail FB (which I did).

I know that most of the carriers are backed up with Summer travel and the response times are WAAAAAAY too long now (read: I'm flying pretty soon).

My main question was: Has anyone gotten EQM credit for the class of service bonuses?

Thanks hserus, for all your help.
I have received EQM credit based on class of service, but as this was on Air France as against another Sky Team member, you should clarify this with feedback from other FT members.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:57 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by HUGE AL
I'm flying to TLV on CO in full fare BusinessFirst (not sure if this is F Class or not) and was wondering if AF will credit me 150% or 100% towards EQM.

Thanks.
I am pretty sure BusinessFirst would be regarded as Business class rather than First Class, and as such attract 150% EQM. First class attracts 300% EQM under Flying Blue.

Hope this is helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.