Wiki Posts
Search

What no availability???!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
What no availability???!

I'm trying to book a couple of very special flights to LAX/SFO next year - for my honeymoon. Knowing that award seats only become available 10 months in advance, I started looking at the beginning of July. So far, no J class seats at all going to LAX, and only one option to SFO. Last year I booked a pair of J seats to JFK with no problems at all.

Is it likely that seats will be released nearer the time, or is it a case of all available being snapped up straight away.

Also, I was hoping to go in F (fat chance, I'm sure)...do AF operate any flights to California which have F configuration?

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
For which period are you looking?
If you are miles rich you could book an open-award ticket and ring back every week and change it to normal miles if possible.

Gajan
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
I'm looking at May next year. Currently shows no availability 2 months beforehand either.

Are you saying that more seats will possibly be released nearer the time, i.e. whatever is allocated when the flights are first available is not the sole allocation of reward seats?

Open miles is not an option alas - I'd need close to 400k miles to do that, not quite there! Not even close enough to borrow miles.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 1:16 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Well, I am getting some availability for AMS SFO in May (in Business) on the:
AMS LAX (in business):

Have you called the helpdesK?

Gajan
Old Jul 24, 2007, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I see scattered C availability into LAX from CDG, not so much F ... I would check later again, based on the other fare classes it doesn't look like revenue management has released too many seats overall yet. I am right now looking at March 08 dates and there is a ton of availability in C and F ...

Check 5/6 for C and F (1 seat) availability CDG-LAX and a couple of days in C only such as 5/14.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
You can also call the help desk to check availability on DL, CO & NW. Using the NW award calendar on their Japanese site (as a non-member) it shows availablity for two adults in biz from LON to SFO on the following dates: May 3, 6-10, 12, 15-17, 21, 28-29, 31. The problem is the return--no availability for the entire month of May from SFO. To LAX you have availability in biz for two on May 3, 6, 8-10,13 & 17 with return available on May 4, 17 & 18. Didn't look at the individual days to see airlines, connections, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.