Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2007, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Euro MPs get tough on air fares

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6293172.stm

I know this will be discussed under greater context elsewhere on Flyertalk, but this thread is just about AF/KL. I wonder how soon they will comply and also if this will include Frequent Flyer Award tickets. Will they now have to disclose to all FB members that award tickets are not free and in fact cost hundreds of €'s.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 7:58 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6293172.stm

I know this will be discussed under greater context elsewhere on Flyertalk, but this thread is just about AF/KL. I wonder how soon they will comply and also if this will include Frequent Flyer Award tickets. Will they now have to disclose to all FB members that award tickets are not free and in fact cost hundreds of €'s.
I don't see anything about award tickets in the press report. It seems to be focused on advertising the true price of the ticket at the beginning of the booking process. AF already complies with this requirement, at least in countries such as France, where it is already required by regulations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.