Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits for FB Plat at Sofitel?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Benefits for FB Plat at Sofitel?

Whenever I stay in an Accor hotel (Sofitel, Mercure etc) I always give my FB Plat card at check in. This yields absolutely NO results. I do not receive miles (am I supposed to?) and I certainly do not receive any room upgrades(again, is one supposed to?). I would love to know what this means finally this 'partnership' between AF and Accor. Does anyone know?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:35 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I rarely go to an Accor hotel nowadays. But I remember that they never entered my F+ number into their IT systems (could they actually ?). I asked AF once and they told me, probably four years ago, that I should just send a copy of the invoice to F+ and they would credit it to my account. Which they did. But, as I stay with them twice a year, I don't bother actually. The worst offender in these good old times, especially before the Euro came, was Travelex, who usually did enter my F+ number (except in the UK where they really had a problem), but with very few credits (1 out of 5) reaching my account without additional human interaction.

Regarding the upgrades, I did get some at check-in at the Sofitels, usually by asking. But what upgrade can you expect at an Ibis, Mercure or Novotel ? About the same that you can expect with PC Plat at Holiday Inns ? Not really worth the hassle.

Last edited by JOUY31; Aug 25, 2006 at 10:41 am
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I rarely go to an Accor hotel nowadays. But I remember that they never entered my F+ number into their IT systems (could they actually ?). I asked AF once and they told me, probably four years ago, that I should just send a copy of the invoice to F+ and they would credit it to my account. Which they did. But, as I stay with them twice a year, I don't bother actually. The worst offender in these good old times, especially before the Euro came, was Travelex, who usually did enter my F+ number, but with very few credits (1 out of 5) reaching my account without additional human interaction.

Regarding the upgrades, I did get some at check-in at the Sofitels, usually by asking. But what upgrade can you expect at an Ibis, Mercure or Novotel ?
I always get my miles staying in Mercure, Novotel or Sofitel in Belgium/France/Germany. I give my FB number at the check-out. Concerning the room upgrade with Sofitel, it's better to specify you are FB Platinum when you book the room.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:43 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by SpiderBen
I always get my miles staying in Mercure, Novotel or Sofitel in Belgium/France/Germany. I give my FB number at the check-out.
Thanks for the update. So they have improved. Good to know that.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Originally Posted by AshleyB
Whenever I stay in an Accor hotel (Sofitel, Mercure etc) I always give my FB Plat card at check in. This yields absolutely NO results. I do not receive miles (am I supposed to?) and I certainly do not receive any room upgrades(again, is one supposed to?). I would love to know what this means finally this 'partnership' between AF and Accor. Does anyone know?
Elite upgrade valid only to Sofitel upon availability. Upgrade includes high floor, corner rooms or nice view. I booked standard with pool view and was upgraded to the same room category but with a city view and thats what they call upgrade ???
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:50 pm

Programs: AF Flying Blue Platinum, Sofitel Privilege Guest
Upgrades to a nicer room work with FB Plat. On a recent stay at Sofitel Tokyo upgrade to a Junior Suite was made possible thanks to my Plat status. I had specifically asked for it at the time of reservation, but they should be honored, provided space is available, by the Sofitels.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by ParisNY99
Upgrades to a nicer room work with FB Plat. On a recent stay at Sofitel Tokyo upgrade to a Junior Suite was made possible thanks to my Plat status. I had specifically asked for it at the time of reservation, but they should be honored, provided space is available, by the Sofitels.
I have been in this wonderful hotel near Ueno in august in two junior suite , one at the highest level 26th on the city view and other at the 14th on the park Ueno, for me the best hotel in tokyo at this price, but it was not an upgrade: I booked it ( I am FB Plat and Sofitel Privilege).
I have never read that they will upgrade FB Plat. Sofitel Priv. lets you in the room until 3 PM ang give you a complimentary drink at the bar, but nothing for FB Plat. In Accor hotels you are credited for bonus miles ( not status) as written in Air France Site:

Sofitel You earn 500 Miles per stay

Novotel 150 Miles per stay during the weekn 250 Miles per stay during the weekend

Mercure 250 Miles per stay

every stay I made was credited on my FB account
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:33 am
FM

Programs: LeClub Accorhotels Platinum. SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by leonleonb
Sofitel Priv. lets you in the room until 3 PM ang give you a complimentary drink at the bar
The late check-out for Sofitel Privilege card holders is 4 pm, not 3 pm.

The Sofitel Privilege card is free of charge and generally brings a surprisingly good level of recognition - and a few nice gestures (including frequent upgrades in my own experience). (and moreover, you still collect Sofitel points when you are on a reward stay - which is really unique).
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:10 am

The AF French web site states that, as a Platinum member, you are granted :
- an upgrade to a higher room category than the one you have booked
- a late 4PM check-out
- a welcome amenity

These benefits are unchanged from the ones granted to F+ Rouge in the past. I have not found them on the US web site.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
- a late 4PM check-out
- a welcome amenity

These benefits are unchanged from the ones granted to F+ Rouge in the past. I have not found them on the US web site.

just returned from the PHL Sofitel and ....... nothing. Very annoying, especially since colleagues without status got upgraded rooms This is really a hit and miss way to go Sofitel ... at least the points posted. I will write to the GM and see whether this was just a terrible check-in agent or hotel policy
Old Nov 19, 2006, 3:58 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
- a late 4PM check-out
- a welcome amenity
This is correct (as Jouy31 always is!!).

If you are not only a Club2000 FB Platinum but also a Privilege Gold, the latter will get you discounted rate, a welcome drink and/or snack at the bar, and a good old-fashioned French continental breakfast (bread + confiture) for free.
AF got me the Gold status, maybe you can get it if you call Sofitel Privilege and aks for it, as a Plat.

The thing is, there's no double-dipping (I am spoilt by Hilton) at Sofitel. You either get their points, which are as about rich in earnings as American beers like Bud are to taste, like 15+ nights for a free night (Hilton Diamond is 6 or less), or you get FB points, 500 a stay. Pretty miserly.
But if you really want Privilege Points _and_ you are wafting your FB Plat card around to impress the receptionist into giving you all the FB goodies, be careful -- s/he might misunderstand and credit you FB points.

All above applies at least to European Sofitels like Brussels, Madrid, Lille/Rijssel.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold
Stayed at the Sofitel La Defense the other day...guy at check-in even refused to take down my FB Plat number...said somebody would do it when checking out. Needles to say no benefit at all during my stay. Following morning other guy can't get my number into the system, puts it on a small piece of paper. Will see if it will post....
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by dutchbird
Stayed at the Sofitel La Defense the other day...guy at check-in even refused to take down my FB Plat number...said somebody would do it when checking out. Needles to say no benefit at all during my stay. Following morning other guy can't get my number into the system, puts it on a small piece of paper. Will see if it will post....
Many Accor hotels have just copied my card. Most of the cases it has appeared on my account a couple of weeks later.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 5:03 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I've never had problems with upgrades regardless of where I have gone.

Even the checkin agents at the Sofitel in Xi'an knew what to do (was quite surprised by that).

They simply photocopy your card then give you a room upgrade.

Miles at Accor hotels have never posted for myself or any of my relatives or friends of mine for that matter.

The only hotel partner who seems to post up without any problems is Hilton.

Also be careful if you go to a radisson, they are unware of the room upgrades for elites. I had to bring along printouts and speak to a manager before they gave me an upgrade. Miles didn't post either.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 9:25 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
just checked in at the Sofitel Shanghai and got a nice room upgrade in a suite (I paid a fully discount rate, very very cheap). This time I had nothing to say, upgrade was already in the book. during the reservation process, I mention that I was FB plat and ask for a comp upgrade. Worked out very well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.