Wiki Posts
Search

9W cheap fares no longer earn you award miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Unhappy 9W cheap fares no longer earn you award miles

Damn, I was wondering how long it'd last.

Till quite recently, all 9W fares earned 100% award miles (but not level miles) in economy. However, 9W has had this policy of offering dirt cheap fares, that dont earn mileage on their own JPMiles program, on their website, for the last few years .. but even those were earning 100% FB miles.

AF finally caught on, I see. The "Earning Miles" section on the FB website now shows this .. note the 2nd line.

* For an individual public fare included in the program with 9W, AF or KL flight numbers, except between Delhi and Jodhpur and on international flights.
Miles may not be accrued in the following classes: P, V, D, E, G, I, K, H, O, R, X, B.

Basically anything other than full fare economy (M or Y, mostly) doesnt earn you a single mile on FB now.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 2:14 am

Programs: KLM Plat, Hertz Gold,Priority club, Lufthansa, Mariott
Hm. With the FD -> FB move we already lost accrueing level miles on 9w as well as getting bonus miles. Good that there are more and more directly accessible destinations in India.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:56 am
KRS

What are your experiences with the posting of Jet Airways flights to FB? Do they tend to take longer to post than say SU flights? I have had both recently, and the SU flights posted within 2 days, whereas the 9W flight still hasn't posted (flight was on 2 DEC).

(Sorry to ressurect this old thread but thought that would be better than starting a new one)
Old Dec 13, 2007, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
9W - I tend to mail my tix and boarding passes over to Flying Blue India

IT (Kingfisher) - posts without a hitch.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: Hyatt
Sorry to bring up this from last year - but KRS - did you ever figure out how long it takes for 9W miles to post to FB?

Or is it a Standard Operating Procedure to have to mail in BPs, etc?
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:32 am
KRS

I had to request the miles retroactively. Once I did that it didn't take long (maybe a couple of weeks IIRC).
Old Mar 5, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Quick Update.

Activity from Feb 25th on 9W posted automatically on FB on March 4th.

Q Class miles - posted 100%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.