Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9,000 Miles Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2006, 1:08 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
Received a similar offer yesterday from KLM: 9.000 miles for only 4 flights though between 15August and 15November.

Does anyone know what is the cheapest way to get there departing from AMS/RTM/EIN or BRU. I've been looking at BRU-LHR via AMS, but that still comes to > EUR 230,-. Any suggestions are welcome!!
Old Jul 22, 2006, 6:18 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN, FlyingBlue Platinum
Originally Posted by fluegelwesen
would love to get this twice....
I didn't get it, although I am Platinum. My wide either not, she was Silver and is now Ivory (travelling only my Awards).

Why ?

May be because I boycott them since 3 ou 4 major claims are being kept in the fridge since 2005, can't get an answer on them, keep pushing me from on to another attendant, ask for write, don't answer, well typical FlyingBlue.

I finally gave up and threatened them not to fly AF/KL anymore, which I executed since January (at the exception of some small segments here and there when no other possibility).

Could it be the reason ? Are they really so square to, instead of using a loyalty program to make their FF happy, keep putting ambiguous rules and frustrate the FF by not applying them ? Anyhow that's how I feel, although I do not dislike their service at all.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:39 pm

Programs: KL SE, HH Gold VIP
Originally Posted by chrissxb
just got in a mail

anyone else who got that twice?
I once received the offer by snailmail and now have received the same offer (about 6 months later) by e-mail...
Old Jul 24, 2006, 3:02 am

My offer is for 10,000 miles...

So I got an offer for 10,000 bonus miles today. Period is is July 01 until September 30 (note that I got the offer today, July 24). The six flight requirement will be taken care of next week with SIN-AMS-OSL-AMS-BRU-AMS-SIN coming up...

Here is the offer:

Where will you go with your next Award ticket?

DEAR MR HB-IWC,

Thank you for choosing the Flying Blue frequent flyer programme.

You may already have noticed how quickly your Miles accumulate. Before you know it,
you will have earned enough to take a break to your favourite destination.

We would like to help you on your way. If you fly AIR FRANCE and KLM, in any class, to any destination, between 1st July 2006 and 30 September 2006, it will be our pleasure to offer you up to 10,000 extra Award Miles:

• 6,000 Awards Miles for your first 4 flights* and
• 4,000 additional Award Miles for your next 2 flights*.

These Miles will be added to those you normally earn. All you have to do is continue flying
with AIR FRANCE and KLM!

We look forward to welcoming you aboard AIR FRANCE and KLM.

Yours sincerely,

Herbert Verschuren
Director Flying Blue
Old Aug 9, 2006, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got another one of these, the third if I remember correctly.

I must say that I don't really understand what they are trying to achieve. The number of segments to be flown is different each time, as is the length of time on has to fly them, and the number of miles one can earn.

If they want to reward loyalty, I suggest either improving the program fundamentals, or else add e.g. a threshold bonus ("X extra award miles for every Y level miles"). At least we would know what to expect, and thus be able to take it into account when choosing which airline to fly.

Johan
Old Aug 9, 2006, 8:59 am

KL/FB's strategy seems at least to include not to invite l/t-Pt who are so fed up that they have not made a booking on klm.com since last March and have currently 0 miles and 0 segments posted to their 2006 FB account...
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:50 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
It is a mystery as to how they target these sort of things; We have never had a single one.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:42 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Hi everyone,
I got one of these offers and I am wondering will I get the bonus if flying on award tickets? I know it's highly unlikely, but doesn't hurt to ask . The letter says "complete 4 flights, any class, any destination", they don't mention qualifying flights.
Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2006, 3:49 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Can I ask how is everybody getting these offers? Is it by email or snail-mail? Is there a link to a website where you have to register?

I am asking because over in the Lufthansa forum there is a thread where all such offers are posted. Even though they are targeted, it seems that many people who manage to enrol for them still end up getting the bonus miles. So, could anyone please post the link, if there is one?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by NilsHolgerson
KL/FB's strategy seems at least to include not to invite l/t-Pt who are so fed up that they have not made a booking on klm.com since last March and have currently 0 miles and 0 segments posted to their 2006 FB account...

I received my offer yesterday - as a plat who hasn't flown at all this year !
Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:00 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by tlr
You're probably flying AF/KLM too steadily. I got the 9,000 mile offer (more precisely, the 9,000 miles; don't remember the offer) when I traveled a bit less for a few months, and AF/KLM apparently detected that as "likely that he flies another airline".
That's interesting. When you fly a lot on short routes, especialy when only getting 25% of the miles... well, You'll end up with a lot more FB miles if you chose another airline for a while, and then switch back when you receive the offer....

Is this offer designed to make you change to another airline every now and again?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Just noticed my period is 1st Oct - 31 Dec !!!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by simonsmith
It is a mystery as to how they target these sort of things; We have never had a single one.
It may just be coincidence, but I have received one every time I have just completed an award trip.

I use my miles to get cheap short-haul tickets for Him Indoors to places like CDG and LIN when the ticket prices are prohibitive (eg one-ways). So perversely, every time I spend 10,000 miles on a one-way I end up with an offer of my 9,000 miles for flying a few revenue sectors. I've got the same balance now that I had about a year ago.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I just got my second 9000 mile offer of the year, the last time it was for 4 segments, this time i need to fly 6 segments by 15th Dec. Fine I have a 6 segment trip booked for Oct but it is on a mixture of KLc, NW & DL metal so I'm not sure that I'll qualify. Any ideas?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:06 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I have yet to receive one of these offers, probably because I have flown AF/KL at least twice per month every month during 2006.

Just wondering, those who receive these offers, is it after inactivity on the whole account by not flying at all, or just when you don't fly AF/KL (eg. even if getting miles posted from AZ)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.