Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I'm not sure that anyone can answer that. However, when seats are gone, they tend to stay gone. Every airline tightly manages the number of redemption seats on each flight; they don't keep adding seats in response to redemption demand - Delta is no different, I guess. And even if they make more seats available, there is no guarantee that they will be offered to partners.

Given that transfers to FB are a one-way only deal, you really should ensure at the moment you transfer miles in that the ticket you want is actually available; you should never rely on one- or two-week old data. Using miles is always better if you can be flexible; I would recommend you consider booking your trip on a different date when availability is there.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:39 am

Hi all. I'm booking my first award flight with Flying Blue and I've encountered an issue whereby the cost of my one-way ticket from the US to Europe goes from 25,000 miles to 26,250 miles once I reach the checkout page. Any idea why I'm being charged an extra 1,250 miles?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:13 am

Simply a feature of crappy IT.
You need to call to get the correct price.

Some agents will still quote you the wrong online price, then you need to HUACA. A good agent will simply refer to the award chart and charge you correctly (I'm guessing manually).
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by svellmann
Simply a feature of crappy IT.
You need to call to get the correct price.

Some agents will still quote you the wrong online price, then you need to HUACA. A good agent will simply refer to the award chart and charge you correctly (I'm guessing manually).
Gotcha. Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I have a stupid question, so please bear with me. Earlier in this thread, I read that EF and Flying Blue don't have the same inventory. I am trying to burn some points which are transferrable to AF and other airlines. I see inventory of multiple seats on Expert Flyer (and some on Delta for less ideal connections) but neither pair of flights show on the Flying Blue site. So, where would I look to find that inventory (does EF have phantom award seats?)? Calling hasn't done much. Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If FB can't book it, FB can't book it.

It amazes me how many people continually want to believe third-party information ahead of FB themselves, and continue to believe that FB are wrong and the third parties are correct.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28
If FB can't book it, FB can't book it.

It amazes me how many people continually want to believe third-party information ahead of FB themselves, and continue to believe that FB are wrong and the third parties are correct.
Right, but calling FB in different counrties may yield different results given how AF manages their inventory (incl award) through different points of sale.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Is this normal for FB to display availability only for specific date and not "around this date" for certain destination?
For example, JFK-BCN I can get full month displayed. For BOS-BCN I get "No flights available on your departure date. Please change your selection." .. But if I remove "around these dates" mark I get availability.
Whats going on there?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
I am unable to book the following flights.
availibility is showing. I am filling in form with passenger names etc...and then "technical error"...
Tried to call but they are not able to make it again. Very frustrating !!!!!

Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I don't know if these might be related, but your JFK-EYW itinerary referenced above is 14 500 Skymiles and not the normal low of 12 500 Skymiles (which, for example, is available for the same itinerary on May 15th according to Delta.com). Perhaps, FB did not yet get the updated partner availability data for May 7th from Delta and still shows it as bookable (same for April 23d).
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Might be... Actually it is very frustrating ! I have sent a message on twitter to AF...
Other flights I am looking to FLL are at 11500 on delta website and shows also availibility on flying blue.

Originally Posted by VladQ
I don't know if these might be related, but your JFK-EYW itinerary referenced above is 14 500 Skymiles and not the normal low of 12 500 Skymiles (which, for example, is available for the same itinerary on May 15th according to Delta.com). Perhaps, FB did not yet get the updated partner availability data for May 7th from Delta and still shows it as bookable (same for April 23d).
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Sitting in CDG 2F waiting for the delayed AF1318 to FRA. Wondering if I dare risk trying to book a Flying Blue award ticket using the airport network, or is that stupidly risky? Partly to pass the time, partly to ensure I get an award seat! I’ll probably end up having to call because every time I’ve tried booking an award lately, I’ve ended up with an error message and had to call.

Update: decided to not risk it.

Last edited by Concerto; Jan 16, 2018 at 8:38 am
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Got bitten by married segment again. Looking at LGA-MSP-RAP. LGA-MSP available. MSP-RAP available. Not available as one award. Grrrr.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is there any way around this married segment thing with FB or are we stuffed by it?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I HUACA several times. Couldn't get it to work. Even had agent put one segment on hold, and called back to add the other segment. Twice. No dice. Those two flights available as a single award on DL directly so it would appear FB is the one inserting their own restriction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.