Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity spotting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by arjen05
I'd rather see Marjan Rintel in the counterpart of the CDG 2F ulti lounge at AMS.

To be honest, would she ever ever sit down in a seat like this? Or use one of the toilets in Lounge 25? Or would she even use the word "crown" when describing this lounge to her C-level connections?

Asking for a friend.
It is probably not even her sitting down in a seat like this, but about if she ever would like to invite one of the people at her level to a lounge like this. The AF high level staff in Paris will have no problems with doing so, with the LP lounges around but even normal J lounges are good; in Amsterdam you hardly would invite a friend....
DrLudwig and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by atflyer
It is probably not even her sitting down in a seat like this, but about if she ever would like to invite one of the people at her level to a lounge like this. The AF high level staff in Paris will have no problems with doing so, with the LP lounges around but even normal J lounges are good; in Amsterdam you hardly would invite a friend....
And then you might think, OK, but my friend will ignore the wear and tear, if the drink offer is good.... well, again, in CDG, that might be the case, in KLM... not really.... but if your friend is just trying to eat something half decent? Well, again. In CDG, chances are good you'll find something. In AMS.... forget about it.

It really is disconcerning how far KLM is falling in J product from kurb to seat... actually, the seat is the only thing that KLM has at least some advantage, Eco Comfort and J do have noticeably improved seat pitch. I hope in A320s this will not go away!
DrLudwig, atflyer and lynxy like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 3:39 am

Programs: FB Ultimate - BA EC - LH M&M - Accor All Gold
French Minister of Culture Rima Abdul-Malak in J on AF635 RUN-ORY on 30NOV, back from her 2 days visit to La Réunion (https://www.culture.gouv.fr/Regions/...-novembre-2023)
She was in row 2, I was in row 3 but as ULTI I was served first .
Old Feb 4, 2024, 11:19 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Melanie Joly (Canada's foreign minister) was in 1A on KL1194 yesterday. On the return leg of a mileage run from KRK?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:17 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Chef Alain Passard (restaurant l'Arpège Paris) on AF411 (BUE-PAR) a few days ago
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:25 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Marjan Rintel (KLM CEO) seen at the 2F Lounge in CDG with a bunch of colleagues; then on KL1246 (last flight to AMS). She in J, colleagues divided apparently randomly in J an Y. One of them sat next to me in the only EC row in Y left (the curtain was back so that the J class was as big as possible) - we had middle seat free, although the KL guy initially had the 6E middle seat but moved when no one showed up in 6D. He explained me that Rintel and some strategic people in the KL top had had a regular day meeting with AF counterparts and that some flew, some took a train, whatever was most convenient. Someone behind me was invited to the cockpit (and once landed had to wade backwards through the outgoing pax to get her luggage - resulting in some cheerful remarks that it is always those people who get the best priviliges cause trouble at some point. Smile back). Looked like a well-connected team in good spirits (but of course what can you really know after the kind of superficial view like I had).

Crew did their normal thing (but of course had a bit more small talk with their colleagues in the seats as usual). Plane boarded early and left 5 min early (which I cannot say is always the case with the last flight a plane makes on a day). Unfortunately no special priviliges for landing - we ended up at the dreaded Polderbaan like all planes arriving at AMS at that time. Since the Zwanenburg runway was used for take-offs in Southerly direction, detour around that runway to our gate, arriving still 5 min early. Rintel apparently had a car waiting at the airbridge since left via a door and stairs there. All others took the normal way out.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:31 am

Spotted this week the famous chef Alain Ducasse in First class on CX261 flight HKG/CDG.
I find worth to mention it in this AF thread as his name and AF are quite associated.

As a remember AF does not operate first class to HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.