Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Unfortunately, yes. It just sucks that I spend spend another hour on the plane without nothing to show for it.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Trying to book an award ticket for a kid who is currently under two but will be over two at the time of the flight and the website won't allow it. Any ideas?

"The date of birth does not match to the passenger type (youth, student, senior ..."
I got the same issue when booking an award for a 17yo girl (turning 18 in october) for a flight next february. I had to call to get it fixed.

By the way:
- Air Europa award booked with flying blue miles with elite plus account
- All 4 passengers of the booking got the same FB number (gold as displayed on AF/KLM website)
- Can not book for free exit row seats on air europa website (have to pay). I contacted Air Europa on twitter but say that they it does not show as "Elite Plus" and can therfore not do it.

I have tried on klm website but it does not validate those seats...
Any ideas ?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:49 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
I booked AF La Premiere (CDG-SFO) on a Delta Codeshare (booking class F). FB now tells me that DL booking class F is not eligible to earn miles and XP. I'm somehow surprised how this can be true? Was the agent just wrong or is the La Premiere flight really not eligible just because it was booked on the DL Codeshare? I'm heading towards FB Platinum and this would set me back considerably.
Anybody else who made this experience?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
I'am afraid the agent was not wrong as I can read it on the Delta flying blue earning sheme:

CABIN AND BOOKING CLASS EARNING %:

Delta International Long Haul (transatlantic and transpacific routes)
  • Business Cabin (Called Delta One) J, C: 175%; D, I: 150%; Z: 125%
  • Premium Economy Cabin (Called Delta Premium select) P: 200%; A: 175%; G: 125%,
  • Economy Cabin (Called Comfort +) W: 125%; (Called Main Cabin ) Y, B, M: 100%; H: 75%; Q, K, L: 50%; U, T, X, V; (Called Basic Economy) E: 25%
They don't refer to F international, only for domestic one.
https://www.flyingblue.fr/en/partner...ion?country=FR
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:02 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
thanks for the link. I read the same however thought it was a mistake (or just could not believe my eyes), as F is one of the highest booking classes, DL is the main Skyteam/Transatlantic partner and DL Skymiles would credit miles for the same combination (La Premiere on DL Codeshare) and also La Premiere booked on AF.

Do you know any reason why the DL codeshare should be excluded solely for La Premiere bookings while all other booking classes are eligible?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Delta has no F class on international long-haul, that's why, IMHO.

Last edited by delanotre; Oct 8, 2018 at 4:10 am
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:12 pm
gkl

Originally Posted by delanotre
Delta has no F class on international long-haul, that's why, IMHO.
that's an explanation which I 100% agree with, however not a reason.
I will challenge FB on this, however I cannot believe that I'm the first AF La Premiere DL Codeshare passenger who has noticed that the miles from the F-flight don't credit on FB.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Try and get the ticket changed. Surely if it is in F there is a certain degree of flexibility. And if you’re Plat, they might be very disposed to help you find a solution.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Confused by the XP thingy.

I I'd like to reach gold, how much XP do I need? (I know it saids 180xp, is it 100 to silver and 80 to gold? or 100 to silver and another 180 to gold? )

Do they have status match?

​​​​​​​Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
I I'd like to reach gold, how much XP do I need? (I know it saids 180xp, is it 100 to silver and 80 to gold? or 100 to silver and another 180 to gold? )

​​
100+180
no status match usually, but no risk to ask.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12

Thanks.
100 to Silver in a year, and another year from moment of reaching silver to get 180 to Gold.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably already been asked here and there, but if you have elite plus status do you get the allowance of a free checked bag on all SkyTeam carriers when flying on a Light fare? I have had it on the home carriers AF and KL, and even on UX although I am not so sure I was entitled to it. It was a bit of a gentle fight at check in at Palma just the other day, where AirEuropa staff were unaware about it. I just escaped Mallorca before that storm hit, by the way.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
Probably already been asked here and there, but if you have elite plus status do you get the allowance of a free checked bag on all SkyTeam carriers when flying on a Light fare? I have had it on the home carriers AF and KL, and even on UX although I am not so sure I was entitled to it. It was a bit of a gentle fight at check in at Palma just the other day, where AirEuropa staff were unaware about it. I just escaped Mallorca before that storm hit, by the way.
Normally yes. It is a Skyteam benefit for Elite plus members.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You certainly don't get such a benefit over at Star Alliance. I am thinking of Lufthansa's Miles & More here, which is very thin in such benefits. On the other hand, you get unquestioned lounge access on domestic flights with M&M (excluding flights in the US, clearly). With Flying Blue I believe you do not get lounge access on any domestic flights which do not include an international connection the same day, no matter what your status. Am I right in thinking that this applies to every SkyTeam carrier, with the obvious exception of Air France?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
If you’re a A*G of any program except UA then on a domestic UA flight you can access the UA lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.