Flying Blue FAQ

Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, HH Silver, Amex Plat
Question Platinum not requalifying

Hi,
I just flew like 38,000 qualifying miles last year so not enough to requalify as a Plat.
I think at a time there was a rule that would get me Gold Status instead of Silver. Is it still the case?
Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2009, 1:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
Originally Posted by bmanu
Hi,
I just flew like 38,000 qualifying miles last year so not enough to requalify as a Plat.
I think at a time there was a rule that would get me Gold Status instead of Silver. Is it still the case?
Thanks
Yes
Old Mar 13, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, HH Silver, Amex Plat
Does it also apply to Gold Members who just got one qualifying flight, not being enough to requalify - Do these members become Silver?
Old Mar 13, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Absolutely. You get the soft landing no matter what status you have with FB. Just earn at least 1 level mile a year and presto, Platinums only drop to Gold, Golds to Silver, Silvers... oops
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just flew a KQ roundtrip on a V ticket and only got 187 miles(*2 for Platinum). But according to http://www.flyingblue-info.com/uk/cumul.html I should get a minimum of 750 miles, right?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:37 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by stimpy
I just flew a KQ roundtrip on a V ticket and only got 187 miles(*2 for Platinum). But according to http://www.flyingblue-info.com/uk/cumul.html I should get a minimum of 750 miles, right?
Hi stimpy,

Unfortunately, a V fare on KQ probably has the same impact as V on KL -> 25% miles earned. Thus, you earned 25% of 750 miles. To quote the partner's page for KQ on klm.com:

Only the following booking classes are eligible for earning Miles: B, C, E, I, J, H, K, L, M, N, Q, R, S, T, U, V, Y, Z. Note: only 25% accrual of your actual flown miles for bookings in class V.
Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AF FB silver
Originally Posted by apoivre
Absolutely. You get the soft landing no matter what status you have with FB. Just earn at least 1 level mile a year and presto, Platinums only drop to Gold, Golds to Silver, Silvers... oops
What if from platinum i get gold status? would i keep platinum or drop gold? is this valid also under the new rules?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:29 am

Hi easte,

Originally Posted by easte
What if from platinum i get gold status? would i keep platinum or drop gold? is this valid also under the new rules?
Your question is not quite clear:

- If you say that you earn Gold status during a year when you were platinum, yes, you drop to Gold

- If you do not earn enough to qualify for Gold or above during a year when you are Platinum, you drop to Gold
(so one could say, why bother to do more than 1 flight ... well, who knows, there may be exceptions, or you may not have a choice.)

- If you do not have a single qualifying flight during a year in which you are Platinum, you drop to Ivory

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Apr 7, 2009, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
(so one could say, why bother to do more than 1 flight ... well, who knows, there may be exceptions, or you may not have a choice.)
Or maybe it's just that you might as well enjoy this lounge access while you still can, because after you get downgraded to silver, it's bye bye free water at the airport!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Or maybe it's just that you might as well enjoy this lounge access while you still can, because after you get downgraded to silver, it's bye bye free water at the airport!
That's very true ... but in terms of the impact from dropping to Platinum for the upcoming year:

- You fly 1 flight during the year
or
- You achieve enough to qualify for silver or almost gold

End result: you are Gold the upcoming year
(What happens in subsequent years is different)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: Sky Blue
The New Sky Blue Program from April 1

How has the new Sky Blue program introduced from April 1 affected the % of miles accruing on L, U, T tickets on Delta? I am taking a trip on Delta in June from Lagos and I am wondering if I would not be shortchanged by charging the trip on Sky Blue. Please help.

Originally Posted by kiam
It depends on your fare classes (it is not helping by saying they are cheapo classes, you have to give us the exact booking classes so that we can help inform you which program to accrue those the maximum number of miles.

If you want to accrue miles on Flying Blue program, then check out this website. I think (can be wrong), most cases, T fare is the lowest Economy fare on DL coded flights, and T fare is definitely 100% eligible for 100% mileage accrual on Flying Blue.

http://www.klm.com/travel/fr_en/flyi...iles/index.htm

If you want to accrue those flights on DL Skymiles program instead, check out this website, most fare on AF flights do get a minimum of 100% accrual...of course except the real cheapo N fare.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ions/index.jsp

Hope this helps...
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:24 am

Location: Previously Leeds, England - now Chicago USA (KLM/AF - Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by abbeycity
How has the new Sky Blue program introduced from April 1 affected the % of miles accruing on L, U, T tickets on Delta? I am taking a trip on Delta in June from Lagos and I am wondering if I would not be shortchanged by charging the trip on Sky Blue. Please help.
Sky Blue? You mean Lying Blue?

A poster in another thread has reported receiving only 25% miles on Delta in "T" class. According to the info on this AF site ( http://www.airfrance.nl/X01/en/local...er_skyteam.htm ), L U and T on Delta now all earn on 25% miles.

Cheers,
KG
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
V-Class Question

Question regarding the post above, with respect to V-class only earning 25% of the miles on KL. Do the miles (25%) earned count as level miles, or only award miles? Also, do tickets booked in V class count as a segment for the purpose of determining elite status?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:07 am

Hi rwSEA,

Originally Posted by rwSEA
Question regarding the post above, with respect to V-class only earning 25% of the miles on KL. Do the miles (25%) earned count as level miles, or only award miles? Also, do tickets booked in V class count as a segment for the purpose of determining elite status?
Yes, the miles count as level miles, and each flight counts as a full segment. (Which goes to show that people who qualify purely on segments were not impacted on their status qualification potential by the April 1 changes.)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Thanks for letting me know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.