Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Hi,
I have a question about early check in on KLM flight at DPS airport.

How early I can check in? and difference with class of travel?
Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Iirc long haul is usually minimum 3 hrs before. More if there are multiple flights that day or if an AF flight leaves before, but you have to check this out yourself.

Class of service makes zero difference apart from queue length
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Only 1 flight flying out of DPS for KLM and none for AF.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Cheap J Awards from California?

I understand it's rare to find cheap J awards from SFO or LAX, but I've read you're able to find cheaper awards if there's a layover, such as SFO to FRA via CDG. Anyone have any luck finding cheaper J awards to a specific city in Europe or North Africa?

Also, out of curiosity, say I were to find a cheap award with a layover in CDG. Does Immigration allow you to exit at CDG if I want to stay in France? I'm guessing AF would frown upon this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:19 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
I understand it's rare to find cheap J awards from SFO or LAX, but I've read you're able to find cheaper awards if there's a layover, such as SFO to FRA via CDG. Anyone have any luck finding cheaper J awards to a specific city in Europe or North Africa?

Also, out of curiosity, say I were to find a cheap award with a layover in CDG. Does Immigration allow you to exit at CDG if I want to stay in France? I'm guessing AF would frown upon this.
The problem is with prime tickets is the availability on the long-haul leg between the US and Europe.

If you were paying for the ticket, then perhaps adding a leg would reduce costs.

Contrôle passeports would of course let you leave if you have the necessary visa or right to arrive in France/Schengen, but AF will cancel all future segments of your itinéraire automatically without refund if you don't show up.
ofj likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:18 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
If you have a connector to MUC or FRA, it's not a question of will they let you, you have to enter in France anyway.

Awards being typically bought as two oneways, the cancellation of the rest of the ticket should not be a big deal, bit if you want to check a bag in, you would be hit with a pretty hefty fine for pulling it out early.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:19 am

Hi, is KLM/AF providing Fast Lane Acces for security when travelling SkyPriority and Economy? The SkyTeam Website says no however it worked at FRA. Thank you.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
Hi, is KLM/AF providing Fast Lane Acces for security when travelling SkyPriority and Economy? The SkyTeam Website says no however it worked at FRA. Thank you.
Yes*

* depends on the airport. Search for the Fast Lane Master Thread here, it has an extensive and updated wiki with airports and what to expect.
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:42 am

Thanks, and yes, you can use fast lane and lounge. Just tried.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:32 am

I am flying J on an award ticket from AMS > JFK in June on KLM. I have to fly from LIS > AMS that morning to make the connection. If I book a cash fare w/ KLM for the LIS > AMS leg, what are the odds that they will allow me to check a bag through to the next flight w/o charging me the bag fee?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jomama341
I am flying J on an award ticket from AMS > JFK in June on KLM. I have to fly from LIS > AMS that morning to make the connection. If I book a cash fare w/ KLM for the LIS > AMS leg, what are the odds that they will allow me to check a bag through to the next flight w/o charging me the bag fee?
- checking the bag all through : very likely.
- without paying the bag fee (if you buy a light ticket for the positioning flight) : very unlikely. Just buy a standard fare with bag included.
jomama341 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:32 pm

Programs: Fying Blue Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Silver Elite, Hilton Silver
Out of curiosity, I have two flights on Friday KL1758 HAM-AMS and then on Saturday DL47 AMS-JFK.
Both flights are from separate bookings.

Would it be possible to get my luggage checked in through to JFK from HAM even the JFK flight is the following day? or if its possible to check in luggage a day before flight at AMS?

Trying to see if its possible going only to the hotel for the night with my hand luggage only (maybe there is a place at AMS to store luggage overnight?).
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:41 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
No through check overnight on a separate ticket, but there's luggage storage service available in the terminal.
IhsanRaharjo likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IhsanRaharjo
Out of curiosity, I have two flights on Friday KL1758 HAM-AMS and then on Saturday DL47 AMS-JFK.
Both flights are from separate bookings.

Would it be possible to get my luggage checked in through to JFK from HAM even the JFK flight is the following day? or if its possible to check in luggage a day before flight at AMS?

Trying to see if its possible going only to the hotel for the night with my hand luggage only (maybe there is a place at AMS to store luggage overnight?).
KL1758 arrives around 8pm, so yes, it should be possible to ask for them to interline your bags at HAM. Did this exact thing in HAM a few months ago on separate tickets, with arrival in AMS around 8pm, and next flight out on separate ticket the next day around noon. My parents did this around January this year too.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:16 pm

Programs: Fying Blue Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Silver Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
KL1758 arrives around 8pm, so yes, it should be possible to ask for them to interline your bags at HAM. Did this exact thing in HAM a few months ago on separate tickets, with arrival in AMS around 8pm, and next flight out on separate ticket the next day around noon. My parents did this around January this year too.
Will try to ask then during the baggage checkin. Does it matter if you have OLCI already for the following day flight?

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.